Cabo San Lucas Marina Assistance

FreezingInMichigan

When you tender in Cabo, which dock do the tenders deliver you to? We need to get to Dock 0 (behind Hacienda Beach Resort) for an excursion. On Wikimaps they refer to it as Cruise Ship Tender Drop Off North.

Directly across the inlet is Cruise Ship Tender Drop Off South by Senor Frogs. If they drop us there, we have to make it as quickly as possible around the Marina full circle to Dock 0.

Our plan is to be ready to tender as soon as they allow non-priority guests to debark. For any who have tendered in Cabo, information is very much appreciated.

Thanks much

~ Sheryl

When you tender in Cabo, which dock do the tenders deliver you to? We need to get to Dock 0 (behind Hacienda Beach Resort) for an excursion. On Wikimaps they refer to it as Cruise Ship Tender Drop Off North.

Directly across the inlet is Cruise Ship Tender Drop Off South by Senor Frogs. If they drop us there, we have to make it as quickly as possible around the Marina full circle to Dock 0.

The tenders drop you off at the tender pier near Senor Frogs. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to Dock O.

The North dock is still being built.

Thank you both for your replies. The wiki map called it a 30 min walk around the marina. After factoring in we're not priority tender, I knew we were cutting it very close. I pictured my 50+ year old out of shape body making a run for it... lol

~ Sheryl

If you are not locked into the excursion, you will see many guys just off the tender dock selling all types of excursions at good prices.

It is a 30 minute walk around. There is tender dock O as in the letter and tender dock 0 as in the number. The one you want is all the way around the marina. I would suggest a water or land taxi if you are tight on time. Water taxis have certain docks they can use, check with your driver to make sure he can get you as close as possible. A land taxi can drop you on the back side of the Hacienda, and then it's a 2 minute max walk to your destination.

I think land taxi is going to be our plan. Once we exit the tender, do you know where the fastest place to find a taxi will be?

It is a 30 minute walk around. There is tender dock O as in the letter and tender dock 0 as in the number. The one you want is all the way around the marina. I would suggest a water or land taxi if you are tight on time. Water taxis have certain docks they can use, check with your driver to make sure he can get you as close as possible. A land taxi can drop you on the back side of the Hacienda, and then it's a 2 minute max walk to your destination.

I think land taxi is going to be our plan. Once we exit the tender, do you know where the fastest place to find a taxi will be?

Walk straight ahead after you exit the dock. Taxis are usually on the side street or the street behind the shops. Ask anyone where to find a taxi and they will point you the right direction.

I really like this idea. Will they take US dollars????

They take US Dollars and they also like to bargain on the prices !!! Have fun !!

If you start to walk away, the price comes down.

If they start to walk away, you have probably reached or exceeded their bottom price.

Edited by swedish weave

Thanks for the directions. We'll go that route if we're in a time crunch. We're in Cabo the day before as well. I plan on visiting the excursion office that day and giving them the heads up we're on the ship. Hopeful they'll let us check in the day before and just meet the catamaran for the excursion. It looks like the catamaran is docked very close to the tender drop from cruise ship passengers.

Walk straight ahead after you exit the dock. Taxis are usually on the side street or the street behind the shops. Ask anyone where to find a taxi and they will point you the right direction.

What excursion are you doing? Depending on where it meets, the water taxi might be your best option. We did whale watching on the La Princessa catamaran last time, and the water taxi ride was seriously about 5 minutes! And it dropped us right at the pier. If you get to check in with the excursion office the day before, maybe ask if a water or land taxi would be the best option. I thought the water taxi was great because it just zipped us right over to where we needed to be. If we'd taken a land taxi, I think it would have taken much longer due to traffic.

On the way back, the walk around the marina is a nice stroll! We had a great time just exploring and taking our time to get back to the ship. We even made a side trip off to a little taco stand for lunch. Fantastic! One of our best ever cruise days.

We booked the breakfast & whale watch tour through viator. The receipt says to check in at the office by Deck 0 behind the Hacienda Resort. The web pictures show the catamaran as the Cabo Escape which appears to be docked at Dock O. Where would we get the closest water taxi from where the ship tender drops you off?

What excursion are you doing? Depending on where it meets, the water taxi might be your best option. We did whale watching on the La Princessa catamaran last time, and the water taxi ride was seriously about 5 minutes! And it dropped us right at the pier. If you get to check in with the excursion office the day before, maybe ask if a water or land taxi would be the best option. I thought the water taxi was great because it just zipped us right over to where we needed to be. If we'd taken a land taxi, I think it would have taken much longer due to traffic.

On the way back, the walk around the marina is a nice stroll! We had a great time just exploring and taking our time to get back to the ship. We even made a side trip off to a little taco stand for lunch. Fantastic! One of our best ever cruise days.

We booked the breakfast & whale watch tour through viator. The receipt says to check in at the office by Deck 0 behind the Hacienda Resort. The web pictures show the catamaran as the Cabo Escape which appears to be docked at Dock O. Where would we get the closest water taxi from where the ship tender drops you off?

Hmm, I don't remember exactly where they were, but I know it was very close to the tender drop off. I think there were just several hanging around because they know that people want to go see the arch, go around the marina, etc. So I would assume that there would be several waiting nearby when you get off. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful!