Double Digits!! Inspiration here I come

The Phoenixx

I didn't realize I was in double digits until I responded to another post. My roll call has gotten no action, but I am still excited and hope to meet some new friends on my second Baja cruise on 5/25. Is anyone planning on an excursion in Catalina or Ensenada? I am definitely NOT going to let my traveling companion stop me from doing something fun (as in cruises past)

We won't be on that one either, but here's our recommendations:

-book any Catalina excursions through Carnival: paying $3 more per person is worth it for the ease of refund if the port is skipped, which can definitely happen.

-jeep tour in Ensenada is AMAZING. We got to spend most of our time off-roading on some awesome terrain with vineyards on either side. Very cool tour.

I see you have cruised Inspiration before...I will be going on my first ever cruise in March with my sister( her first cruise too)...We don't live in the same state, I'm in AZ and she is in MN, so excited to have some sister bonding and mommy off duty time as she has 2 kiddos and I have a 21 month old..We are just doing the 3 day to Ensenada and a sea day..Any notes I should know?? We got an OV cabin Aft on Deck U, and scored a nice chunk of OBC after a fare drop so we are looking forward to that..We are just planning on playing it by ear in Ensenada, getting some trinkets for the kids and people watching....My roll calls are dead too....I wonder if that means anything.

I see you have cruised Inspiration before...I will be going on my first ever cruise in March with my sister( her first cruise too)...We don't live in the same state, I'm in AZ and she is in MN, so excited to have some sister bonding and mommy off duty time as she has 2 kiddos and I have a 21 month old..We are just doing the 3 day to Ensenada and a sea day..Any notes I should know?? We got an OV cabin Aft on Deck U, and scored a nice chunk of OBC after a fare drop so we are looking forward to that..We are just planning on playing it by ear in Ensenada, getting some trinkets for the kids and people watching....My roll calls are dead too....I wonder if that means anything.

Nice job on the OBC. I was with my daughters 19 and 15 at the time. One is a foodie and the other a fashionista. They loved the cruise, and the ships layout was easy to maneuver. My 15 year old didn't want to go to Circle C, so it was the three amigos hanging out.

We decided on late dining, and we ate so much, we didn't do much afterwards. So, I would choose anytime dining or early seating if you want to explore after dinner.

We booked a surfing lesson in Ensenada. There was a mix up or something with the vendor (not Carnival) and we never got to surf. Vendors offering excursions in Ensenada are not allowed past security, so you have to meet them at the street that leads to the port. (Sorry I can't remember the name.) Not a very long walk. To the right are the taxis, and they offer tours for a decent price, and a lot of people from the cruise were taking them. Since our vendor was a no show, we took a left, and walked into the tourist area. There are buggies (I forget the official name because I am watching Judge Judy and it is funny) that can take you to the tourist area for a few dollars, but we walked. It wasn't a bad walk, I have a bad knee and had my brace on, but managed it very well. A few streets up, we hung a right and was in the midst of all the shops and food stuffs. Plenty of people watching, shopping, and food close by. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!!!

I didn't realize I was in double digits until I responded to another post. My roll call has gotten no action, but I am still excited and hope to meet some new friends on my second Baja cruise on 5/25. Is anyone planning on an excursion in Catalina or Ensenada? I am definitely NOT going to let my traveling companion stop me from doing something fun (as in cruises past)

Yay have fun! :) I will not be on either sail dates but I hope you have a blast :)

I did choose anytime dining...we didn't want to be on a schedule...we get enough schedules with having infants lol....Im on aft U deck...good location? AND i mean AFT....like 5th room from the back end lol

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I would love to go on the Vista cruise you are going on. I can't wait to hear about it. I was thinking Carnival planned to open up cruising to Europe. But alas, I will have to try Princess or NCL. For my 50th birthday in 3 years, I am planning on cruising the Med.

I did choose anytime dining...we didn't want to be on a schedule...we get enough schedules with having infants lol....Im on aft U deck...good location? AND i mean AFT....like 5th room from the back end lol

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Rivera deck mid-ship. So I can't comment on the deck or cabin you are in. The ship travels pretty slow, so there shouldn't be too much of a difference where you are. But I could be wrong.

Been on that itin and variations many times. Several times in the past few months. The roll calls rarely go into the double digits.

Look on the Mexican Riviera board for info. Lots of good restaurants in town let us know if you want recommendations.

The town is very easy to walk to. Just be careful of the sidewalks off the tourist streets. They have holes in them.

I've been on the Inspiration a few times (ok...my signature remembers more than I do...LOL!) and I've done the ziplining activity twice. It's NOT offered through Carnival, but if you take the bus into town, you can sign up for it where you get off....or negotiate a cab for your own private getaway. They have a relatively inexpensive combo that includes the Blowhole tour, if that interests you at all. I highly recommend it. Feel free to check out the website of the area where the tour is....http://www.lascanadas.com for info. (They have an English version of the website.)

I've been on the Inspiration a few times (ok...my signature remembers more than I do...LOL!) and I've done the ziplining activity twice. It's NOT offered through Carnival, but if you take the bus into town, you can sign up for it where you get off....or negotiate a cab for your own private getaway. They have a relatively inexpensive combo that includes the Blowhole tour, if that interests you at all. I highly recommend it. Feel free to check out the website of the area where the tour is....http://www.lascanadas.com for info. (They have an English version of the website.)

Definitely going to check it out. Thanks. Enjoy your cruise. Looks like we are sailing the same weekend.

Been on that itin and variations many times. Several times in the past few months. The roll calls rarely go into the double digits.

Look on the Mexican Riviera board for info. Lots of good restaurants in town let us know if you want recommendations.

The town is very easy to walk to. Just be careful of the sidewalks off the tourist streets. They have holes in them.

Thanks, I will let you know. I will check out the boards first. :)

• 1 month later...
Please post a review of the cheese tour when you get back. Is it a carnival excursion?

Warning about the cheese tour

Everyone I know who's gone has enjoyed it immensely. 12 of our group went and had no problems

Just know that the cheese is not pasteurized and does not travel well. One of the group found that out when they are their cheese three days after they returned.

It is a new tour Carnival is offering. Go hungry.

Warning about the cheese tour

Everyone I know who's gone has enjoyed it immensely. 12 of our group went and had no problems

Just know that the cheese is not pasteurized and does not travel well. One of the group found that out when they are their cheese three days after they returned.

It is a new tour Carnival is offering. Go hungry.

Thanks for the heads up. I have always had an iron clad stomach, but er em uhhhh, I will have to think about this one. Although it looks like the odds are pretty good.

You can read my review of the Imagination from February here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186027

I know. It's a different ship. However, you can literally swap the pictures to an Inspiration review and it'll look very similar. I'm on the Inspiration again on 5/18 and will post a review but may not have this by the time you sail. The four day Imagination and Inspiration sailings are almost identical. Enjoy!

You can read my review of the Imagination from February here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186027

I know. It's a different ship. However, you can literally swap the pictures to an Inspiration review and it'll look very similar. I'm on the Inspiration again on 5/18 and will post a review but may not have this by the time you sail. The four day Imagination and Inspiration sailings are almost identical. Enjoy!

Thank you!! I am checking it out now. I need to have something to focus on with all my craziness.:D

I adore that little cruise and if I lived in Socal I would have a very hard time saving for other cruises...I would be too tempted to go now...and am fighting the urge as we speak...I may just buy a little one for my Dad and I...just the right length etc.

Very happy for you!!!!!

I adore that little cruise and if I lived in Socal I would have a very hard time saving for other cruises...I would be too tempted to go now...and am fighting the urge as we speak...I may just buy a little one for my Dad and I...just the right length etc.

Very happy for you!!!!!

Still time to sail :)