Royal Princess mini L107/M107 or B414?

cruisejacket

Planning on taking the 10 day Eastern C. Voyager on Royal this coming October as a 30th anniversary trip. Was hoping to get some advice on these cabins.

First of all the cabin layouts:

• L107/M107 appear to be similar sizes (is that true?) and from what I read they are L-shaped and larger than standard mini's like B414.
  • Which would you prefer and why?
  • Are bathrooms any different in size or layout?

Balcony:

• All have larger than standard balconies. I know the L107 is smaller than the M107 and wind can be an issue for use at sea but with 6 port days I would think the views on those days would make up for it. Any thoughts?
  • B414 is under the seaview bar but it appears to be far enough down not to worry about peeping tom's and probably no issues with wind. Thoughts?

• I know the issues with the lack of stairs in the mid-section so is there an advantage to being all the way forward? We have typically been mid-ship or slightly forward but never all the way. Just curious if that is an inconvenience or if there is more ship movement, etc.? We have never gotten the slightest bit seasick so hopefully it wouldn't be an issue either way.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions.

I've stayed in L108 and loved it (except for the occasional wind noise issue when the ship was cruising at full speed). Big cabin and great balcony (when it wasn't too windy to use it). Very convenient to MUTS, Horizon Court, etc. and the view from the front was amazing. Haven't stayed in B414. I would stay in

L108 again, if the price was right (I booked mine when it was priced as the lowest category mini-suite. Since then Princess has jacked up the price considerably.)

• 8 months later...
I've stayed in L108 and loved it (except for the occasional wind noise issue when the ship was cruising at full speed). Big cabin and great balcony (when it wasn't too windy to use it). Very convenient to MUTS, Horizon Court, etc. and the view from the front was amazing. Haven't stayed in B414. I would stay in

L108 again, if the price was right (I booked mine when it was priced as the lowest category mini-suite. Since then Princess has jacked up the price considerably.)

Would you happen to have any pictures of L108?

Thanks,

Kathy

Planning on taking the 10 day Eastern C. Voyager on Royal this coming October as a 30th anniversary trip. Was hoping to get some advice on these cabins.

First of all the cabin layouts:

• L107/M107 appear to be similar sizes (is that true?) and from what I read they are L-shaped and larger than standard mini's like B414.
  • Which would you prefer and why?
  • Are bathrooms any different in size or layout?

Balcony:

• All have larger than standard balconies. I know the L107 is smaller than the M107 and wind can be an issue for use at sea but with 6 port days I would think the views on those days would make up for it. Any thoughts?
  • B414 is under the seaview bar but it appears to be far enough down not to worry about peeping tom's and probably no issues with wind. Thoughts?

• I know the issues with the lack of stairs in the mid-section so is there an advantage to being all the way forward? We have typically been mid-ship or slightly forward but never all the way. Just curious if that is an inconvenience or if there is more ship movement, etc.? We have never gotten the slightest bit seasick so hopefully it wouldn't be an issue either way.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions.

We were in L105, which would be the mini next to L107. L107 is bigger than 105, I don't care what the Princess deck plan says. I don't know about Marina deck but the outer edge of the Marina balconies were visible from our balcony - which was ginourmous !! L107 balcony is even larger. We had 15 people from our role call on it and there was room for more !

Wind was an issue once during our 7 day eastern Caribbean trip. Your odds on a 10 day are very good. When I said wind was an issue, it meant that reading a book (not a kindle or nook) was annoying and I had to put my long hair in an elastic.

The obstructed balcony was curved metal and most days seemed to push any wind up over the balcony. L107 also has a side element to the balcony configuration. I don't know how that will be affected by wind.

These forward balconies are dream balconies for going in and out of ports. I cannot stress that enough. I often went out on the balcony on sea days - both day and night - it was so quiet and the moon was waxing full ! The view is amazing !

The location was ideal ! Lido is definitely the best deck, although I sometimes took the stairs to Marina to catch the elevator. My favorite part was it being so close to Lotus Spa because I had an Enclave pass - another thing I will always purchase anytime I'm on the Royal or the Regal !

My son has to take dramamine before flying and he got seasick on our first cruise even though it was a lower middle deck cabin. I was expecting some issues because of the cabin location but there were none. He didn't get seasick at all, the whole cruise. The Royal was very, very stable and we felt no movement during the entire voyage.

I hope I've helped. I am definitely biased towards those forward cabins ! I envy you no matter which cabin you chose. The Royal was absolutely beautiful-the atrium reminded me of a piece of warm yellow diamond jewelry, glittery but so classy. Warm woods throughout the ship make it one of the most inviting interiors i've ever seen. Have a wonderful anniversary !!

warm regards,

Kristine

We just got back from the 10-day Royal Princess to the Southern islands. We were in M108, opposite corner from M107. I posted an extended "member review" which you can get to by clicking "review" at the top of this page.

We loved the M108 room and balcony. The bathroom is similar to the other mini-suites, and has a tub with shower, a shower curtain, long vanity with square sink and 3 glass corner shelves on one wall and an open shelf under the sink. I highly recommend M107 /108 because of the large balcony. I did not see the Lido deck cabins L107 /108, but think they may be similar cabin layout. The balcony is more narrow than M107/108. Others have posted pictures of M107. Try a search in Cruise Critic for M107 M108 cabin pics as I did.

M108/107 has a loveseat. M105/106 (next door) has a full size couch. Our relatives were in a side mini suite which was very nice and hasda full size couch, the same bathroom, but a smaller standard balcony.

The wind at the front was never a problem for us and I think similar to being on the top pool decks or how the wind comes around the aft corners. There are very few front cabins on ships and the Caribbean is a great place to experience the front cabins. These forward cabins are our preferred cabin location. You can't beat the views and privacy.

• 4 years later...

I’ve stayed in both L107 & M107 and I can tell you L107 has the better cabin while M107 has the best balcony. “At sea” L107/108 cabin is a little bit bigger and has better storage. The balcony is a rap around with an overhang that will shield you from a light rain. And it’s way larger then standard mini suite balconies. M107/108 has no overhang but the views are sure to IMPRESS!!! A must is when leaving port is to be on the balcony to hear the horns. “Blowing Princess Love boat theme song” I’m booked booked in M107 on Enchanted for a transatlantic and can’t wait because Princess now has the ULTIMATE balcony dining for two.”my mouth is watering for that lobsters 🦞” So if you have a chance to book any of these 4 cabins you will not be disappointed. I hope you find this useful and keep on cruising. Sincerely, J.Fritz.

We were in L107 for 15 days in September / October and we really loved the cabin.  It's an odd layout with a rather small sitting room and a very large bedroom between which there is a curtain.  The balcony as noted elsewhere is huge, but not protected at all from the sun - this was less than ideal for our 100* sail to Mexico.  Wind can be a big deal depending on ships motion and wind direction, there is a solid metal rail which deflects some of the wind upward, we found the balcony usable most days when seated but at times you basically couldn't stand erect.

M107/108 have even larger balcony's which extend over the bridge 'wings' one thing to realize is that much of this large balcony area is open to view from the L room above, and also from forward balcony cabins on Lido deck, if you feel uncomfortable being observed by others you might not enjoy this balcony fully.

If you have specific questions I'll try to answer them.