Just home from Reflection 2/7-2/14

hockeymom21

Hi again, :)

Wondering if there were any stand-out dishes in Blu? We have friends who cruised the last week of January and stated the same as you have regarding Blu. They ended up eating in the MDR. They also mentioned Blu was pretty much begging them to return. I was really hoping they were just exaggerating their experience. :( Are there certain nights we should def book a specialty restaurant? Many thanks for all the information you have shared...I too, like the pool info. :)

I forgot to add...friends said the MDR was pretty darn good.

We (my wife and I) were on the same cruise and had a wonderful time. This year we splurged on a sky suite at the back of the ship which was great.

I got a call from Celebrity a few days before we left and they said that due to the construction in the Opus dining room (constructing the new suite restaurant), they were offering us complimentary dining in the specialty restaurants all week. This was an unexpected perk.

So we ate in all the restaurants. My ranking in terms of how we enjoyed them is as follows:

1) Lawn Club Grill

2) Qsine

3) Tuscan

4) Murano

We actually ate in the Lawn Club on two nights. I thought that the grilled food there was the best and of course the pizza is really good. We ate in Blu the remaining 2 nights and I think it continues to be excellent in terms of food and service. Actually I like it just as much as any of the specialty restaurants.

Other comments about the cruise:

Entertainment - We have been on about 12 cruises and this ship had the best entertainment. We did a lot of dancing to the House band and the production shows were the best!

Service - was top notch on the entire ship.

We had a fabulous time on this cruise and it was topped off by my being one of the bingo winners on the last day.

How did you find out about the specials on the restaurants the first night? I'd heard about this and regretted paying in advance for the first night last year. We're on the Reflection in June and looking forward to it after a great Equinox experience.

We were on the Reflection sailing just prior to this and for us, the dining specials were left on our cabin's voice mail. We got half-priced dining offers on three different nights. We were in AQ class.

Edited by cbr663

We were also on the same cruise. As soon as we got on the ship with our aqua class cards, they pulled us aside and offered half off any specialty restaurant the first night. We didnt take it though, blu was great. Pants only but you could wear sandals if you wanted it.

I also remember reading before we left, a lot of confusion around seating times. Blu is open seating, show up when you like. They post the menu outside the restaurant.

Edited by balki79

• 2 weeks later...

Party of 8 in 4 veranda cabins with select dining going to Greek Islands, Turkey and Italy.

I have organised this trip and discovered this website and am amazed how generous people with lots of cruise experience are with their time and advice.

Apologies if I ask the same questions as others but here goes:

* Is the currency on board $ or £ or Euros?

* Where can I find out how much the drinks on board are?

* Is it best to buy a drinks package now or wait until we sail?

* Can one person in a cabin buy a package if the other does not drink?

* Would you recommend buying the speciality dining packages?

* What is the best time to eat on select dining?

* Are tea and coffee complimentary?

* What time do the shows start at?

Thank you for your help - it saves me making expensive mistakes.

Moira

My wife likes to take spin classes. Can you tell us a little more about me? How often do they offer them, how many bikes, do you have to pay per class, pre-register? Times and days offered!?!?

Thanks!!

Good morning. Just unpacking from our fabulous Reflection

My husband takes the spinning classes offered. I go to the pool to get a couple chairs and drink my Americano and read. I won't go into the chair situation. Let's just say I was there at 7:00 every morning and people put stuff on chairs and don't even sit in them til mid morning. The staff does the best they can, but I saw them pick stuff up off chairs