New Oasis Royal Suite Review

TrojanUSC

Currently sailing on Oasis, staying in 1758, one of the two Royal Suites which were added during the recent dry dock. Wanted to share some feedback and initial impressions with everyone. It's the same size as 1701, with the exception of a 100 square foot foyer.

Decor:

These new suites are gorgeous. Having previously stayed in the Royal Loft, Sky Loft and Crown Loft suites I had pretty high expectations. While this doesn't quite beat the RL, the decor is really quite stunning. While the other suites are also nice, the furnishings all have that "mass produced" feeling. This room, on the other hand, feels like it was decorated by hand with all of the materials produced especially for this room. Nothing feels cheap or just for show. It's all top rate. Feels very much like you are staying at a five star hotel, rather than a great room on a cruise ship (which is what the others felt like to me).

Technology:

They've made huge leaps in technology. Tons of outlets everywhere you look (the Royal Loft only had one for the whole upstairs area), there's even two by the bed. There's various lighting "scenes" which can be controlled from one of several touch screens.

Bathroom:

Really amazing fixtures. The lighting is the best part. It's so dramatic and really bright. The shower has three different heads and is even a steam room if you want it to be, complete with a bench.

Balcony:

The jacuzzi on the balcony is a nice touch. Though, unlike the RL and previous RS rooms, you are in a direct line of sight to the walkways on the ship and the kiddie pool, so you are lacking some privacy. There's a couple lounge chairs too. Overall, while nice, it does feel quite cramped out there. They might not need two lounge chairs.

Layout:

My biggest complaint about this room and one families or groups of friends should take note of: There's no doorway between the bedroom and living room. This might not be a big deal in some of the other categories, but for someone who likes that privacy, it's a problem. The lofts don't have it, which is fine, because you're a whole level apart and there is a curtain. However, its even more of an issue here because the bathroom is completely exposed to the bedroom, which in turn is exposed to the living room. Someone who casually walks near the bedroom or onto the balcony in the living room will see you showering or taking a bath. It's a very odd thing for there to at least not be a curtain there. It's fine for couples but not for a room that is sold as sleeping 4.

Here's a few photos. Happy to answer any questions about the room or the sailing.

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Currently sailing on Oasis, staying in 1758, one of the two Royal Suites which were added during the recent dry dock. Wanted to share some feedback and initial impressions with everyone. It's the same size as 1701, with the exception of a 100 square foot foyer.

Decor:

These new suites are gorgeous. Having previously stayed in the Royal Loft, Sky Loft and Crown Loft suites I had pretty high expectations. While this doesn't quite beat the RL, the decor is really quite stunning. While the other suites are also nice, the furnishings all have that "mass produced" feeling. This room, on the other hand, feels like it was decorated by hand with all of the materials produced especially for this room. Nothing feels cheap or just for show. It's all top rate. Feels very much like you are staying at a five star hotel, rather than a great room on a cruise ship (which is what the others felt like to me).

Technology:

They've made huge leaps in technology. Tons of outlets everywhere you look (the Royal Loft only had one for the whole upstairs area), there's even two by the bed. There's various lighting "scenes" which can be controlled from one of several touch screens.

Bathroom:

Really amazing fixtures. The lighting is the best part. It's so dramatic and really bright. The shower has three different heads and is even a steam room if you want it to be, complete with a bench.

Balcony:

The jacuzzi on the balcony is a nice touch. Though, unlike the RL and previous RS rooms, you are in a direct line of sight to the walkways on the ship and the kiddie pool, so you are lacking some privacy. There's a couple lounge chairs too. Overall, while nice, it does feel quite cramped out there. They might not need two lounge chairs.

Layout:

My biggest complaint about this room and one families or groups of friends should take note of: There's no doorway between the bedroom and living room. This might not be a big deal in some of the other categories, but for someone who likes that privacy, it's a problem. The lofts don't have it, which is fine, because you're a whole level apart and there is a curtain. However, its even more of an issue here because the bathroom is completely exposed to the bedroom, which in turn is exposed to the living room. Someone who casually walks near the bedroom or onto the balcony in the living room will see you showering or taking a bath. It's a very odd thing for there to at least not be a curtain there. It's fine for couples but not for a room that is sold as sleeping 4.

Here's a few photos. Happy to answer any questions about the room or the sailing.

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Great description and the decor looks as you stated, very contemporary and more like a great hotel room. I know its difficult to post alot of pictures here. I have this room booked for just my girlfriend and myself so the open space between the bedroom and living room wont be an issue. Did you happen to do any video on this? I would love to see more...I know it is completely different then their other RS's, like the baby grand, etc

I know it says there is an entertainment center, what exactly do they mean by that? Good to know I dont need to pack plug bars now (thanks!!)

It doesnt look like the tub is a jacuzzi tub like the old RS.

I would be happy to give you my email address for more pics or a video...very interested in seeing more.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Late to the party, but we just booked 1701 for our May 2016 cruise. From a video I saw, it looks like anyone on the pool deck might be able to see in :eek:

Did you have an issue with privacy in the bedroom from the pool deck? It's just the two of us so we don't have to worry about the connectinign living room, just trying to avoid giving deck 16 too much of a show! :D

Late to the party, but we just booked 1701 for our May 2016 cruise. From a video I saw, it looks like anyone on the pool deck might be able to see in :eek:

Did you have an issue with privacy in the bedroom from the pool deck? It's just the two of us so we don't have to worry about the connectinign living room, just trying to avoid giving deck 16 too much of a show! :D

As long as its not dark outside and you have the curtains open with the lights on in the bedroom, you should be ok. I have several pictures and the video of that exact suite.