Valparaiso question

TravelingAngel

Hi,

Does Oceania provide an excursion from Valparaiso to the Santiago airport for passengers departing the ship that day? I have read reviews from other ship's where the ship provides a city/wine tour of Valparaiso, ending at the airport in Santiago, including taking the luggage directly from the ship to the airport. My cruise is too far away to see a listing for excursions offered that day, and I'd like to know if this would be an option as I am planning what to do and how to do it once we dock in Valparaiso.

Thanks for any info!

Hi,

Does Oceania provide an excursion from Valparaiso to the Santiago airport for passengers departing the ship that day? I have read reviews from other ship's where the ship provides a city/wine tour of Valparaiso, ending at the airport in Santiago, including taking the luggage directly from the ship to the airport. My cruise is too far away to see a listing for excursions offered that day, and I'd like to know if this would be an option as I am planning what to do and how to do it once we dock in Valparaiso.

Thanks for any info!

On our cruise on Marina this past December, Oceania offered a full day tour ending up at the airport. There was no advance notice of the tour; it was advertised only after we were on board. I would highly recommend taking a full day tour, either through Oceania or privately (there are many tour operators). At the Santiago airport, most airlines only allow checkin three hours before your flight and there is almost nothing to do outside the security gates. All the lounges, shops and restaurants are behind security. If you arrive in the morning using the ship's transfer without a tour, you will be sitting for the whole day before you can check in. Besides, there is plenty to see and do in Valparaiso, Vina del Mar and Santiago for the day.

On our cruise on Marina this past December, Oceania offered a full day tour ending up at the airport. There was no advance notice of the tour; it was advertised only after we were on board. I would highly recommend taking a full day tour, either through Oceania or privately (there are many tour operators). At the Santiago airport, most airlines only allow checkin three hours before your flight and there is almost nothing to do outside the security gates. All the lounges, shops and restaurants are behind security. If you arrive in the morning using the ship's transfer without a tour, you will be sitting for the whole day before you can check in. Besides, there is plenty to see and do in Valparaiso, Vina del Mar and Santiago for the day.

Thanks for the info. I have decided to do a private tour with one other couple, including pickup at the dock and drop-off at the airport - and we will see all that you mention! How did you enjoy the cruise? Would love to hear if you'd care to share!