Luggage at Port on NCL

gpgirl

We are going on our 1st cruise leaving out of Miami on Getaway. This may be such a silly question but my DH was reading the NCL getting ready to sail info and he told me that he read that luggage needs to be at port the night before?

HUH? This does not sound right....do some people leave their luggage the night before. I thought you needed to be checked in and on board ship at least 2 hours prior to leaving.

We are going on our 1st cruise leaving out of Miami on Getaway. This may be such a silly question but my DH was reading the NCL getting ready to sail info and he told me that he read that luggage needs to be at port the night before?

HUH? This does not sound right....do some people leave their luggage the night before. I thought you needed to be checked in and on board ship at least 2 hours prior to leaving.

He's misunderstanding something. You bring your luggage with you and check it with Porters at the dock when you arrive for boarding. You are also able to carry some luggage on (as your checked luggage will not arrive at your stateroom until early evening).

He misread.

You drop your luggage with the porters on the day of sailing

, just like any other cruise leaving from Miami.

I don't know what he was looking at- maybe the leaving your bags outside of room room the night before you return to Miami-

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He's misunderstanding something. You bring your luggage with you and check it with Porters at the dock when you arrive for boarding. You are also able to carry some luggage on (as your checked luggage will not arrive at your stateroom until early evening).

I thought the same thing! Sounded a bit strange! Thank you for your help.

My phone Is glitching

Sorry or 2 posts-

When you cruise, in order that the luggage can get OFF of the ship in a timely fashion at the end of the cruise, passengers are asked to pack and leave their luggage outside of their stateroom by 11pm or so. Staff collects it, takes it to the big storage area and it is unloaded before the passengers even disembark .

You will also have the option of carrying off your own, and this will all be explained in letters that you receive in your stateroom.

Have a great trip- Getaway is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums