Ever coming back to New York?

ARI421

Yes, they still sail from NYC on the Splendor, but seasonally. And the Vista will have a few sailings in 2016 as well

Edited by Tapi

A higher level member of the crew on the Fascination told me that the Splendor will be leaving NYC after its 2016 run and that the Magic will end up in NYC for the seasonal run in 2017 since Magic will be replaced by the Breeze in Galveston and Vista replacing Breeze in Miami.

A higher level member of the crew on the Fascination told me that the Splendor will be leaving NYC after its 2016 run and that the Magic will end up in NYC for the seasonal run in 2017 since Magic will be replaced by the Breeze in Galveston and Vista replacing Breeze in Miami.

I like the sound of that... By then magic will probably have had her first drydock and 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was cheaper for us to fly to a southern port on Carnival then taking NCL out of NY.

This is the case for us. At least in the Summer. This is why we've yet to sail out of NY. But we'll get our chance next year on the Vista!

I would love to see the Magic here even if seasonally. Maybe with some sailings to Bermuda.

This is the case for us. At least in the Summer. This is why we've yet to sail out of NY. But we'll get our chance next year on the Vista!

I would love to see the Magic here even if seasonally. Maybe with some sailings to Bermuda.

agreed. i'm all for magic coming to NY, and it makes sense actually.

they've got some stiff competition and a non-upgraded splendor really isn't a viable contender.

beyond that, any ship out of NYC is sailing at a premium vs. comparable sail dates out of florida, especially with a seasonal schedule. the same was for the most part true even of splendor winter sailings, but c'est la vie. they were bizarre cruises and having done one, i'm not sure it fits with the customer experience as they'd wish.

bring the magic, we will book. :)

Yay, then they can charge me $4k for an inside cabin. :rolleyes:

We were excited for the Vista being out of NY too, we did the Splendor last April and loved being able to drive to the port, however when you pull up the dates there is really only one sailing on the Vista from NY and it's an 11 day and starts in NY and ends in Miami. :( Then she's in Miami for the forseeable future.

Vista is doing an 11-day roundtrip from NYC before being repositioned to Florida visting St Thomas, Grand Turk, Antigua, San Juan, St Marteen. I booked that itinerary! It's a bit pricier than other cruises, but worth it for a new ship IMHO.

Carnival should place one if biggest and newest ships out of NYC. rccl has the Quantum over in NJ and i believe the Liberty after the Quantum leaves(both huge ships) and ncl has the Breakaway, a new, and huge ship. if the Dream comes to NYC i will book. i loved all my cruises out of NY.

For the time the Vista will be in NYC, I cannot bring myself to pay those prices and deal with 4 COLD days. Just not worth it.

However, if the Magic is coming, that would be AWESOME.

I would imagine she'll get her drydock prior to then, and it will be the FIRST time we don't pay for airfare to get to a port.

I will be ONE happy camper.:D:D

Looking at Vista for Spring/Summer 2017 out of Miami. In a Havana Cabana.

Those rooms look SWEET!:D

I would love to see the Magic in NYC for early spring through through early fall sailings. Although there's no guarantee NYC would be warm in April, it would quickly warm up as she sailed south and those deck five hot tubs would be nice. It would make for a nice spring break trip without a long drive.

We are close to NYC as well and would love to cruise Carnival out of Manhattan. We took a NCL Breakaway cruise last month and it was very convenient. Our next cruise is on the Pride of Baltimore. It doesn't look like the full 2016 and 2017 dates have been posted yet but I'm guessing that we'll keep the Splendor in New York. I'd really love to get a more updated ship up here.