Resort Similar to Castaway Cay

PhotoGal07

We were lucky enough to go on a Disney vacation and cruise this past September. Kids are 2 and 4, and their favorite part of the whole trip was playing on the beach at Castaway Cay. We rented a cabana there, and loved having the additional privacy and service on the beach.

Now we are planning another vacation, and I think for this one, we are going to look for something non-Disney. What I'm really looking for is a resort that has a 2 bedroom setup and also has private cabanas for rent with a similar nod to service. Does anyone have any suggestions? Budget is pretty open at this point, figure somewhere between 2-4k for the resort. Thanks!

We were lucky enough to go on a Disney vacation and cruise this past September. Kids are 2 and 4, and their favorite part of the whole trip was playing on the beach at Castaway Cay. We rented a cabana there, and loved having the additional privacy and service on the beach.

Now we are planning another vacation, and I think for this one, we are going to look for something non-Disney. What I'm really looking for is a resort that has a 2 bedroom setup and also has private cabanas for rent with a similar nod to service. Does anyone have any suggestions? Budget is pretty open at this point, figure somewhere between 2-4k for the resort. Thanks!

If you are talking about a land based resort, I can't help you there. If you are looking to cruise non-Disney, nearly all the lines have some sort of private island. We liked the Royal Caribbean beach called Labadee in Haiti. They also had Cabanas for rent and had very good service to them. I've never had Disney's Cabanas so I can't compare.

There are such a wide variety of land based resorts, I have always wound up more confused by the options and just chose to do a cruise instead.

We are a beach family with younger children and are trying our first cruise this year! What finally swayed us away from a regular land based resort was that we adore Disney and want to see CC. The cruise we chose was a Double Dip - for us the only option.

So I get what you are after. Here are a few suggestions: Aulani in Hawaii and Beaches Turks and Caicos. And then from there and for a lower price I would look at some of the Higher End All Inclusives on the Riviera Maya in Mexico. I've always been impressed with the service in Mexico and the wonderful people there. I like the East Coast beaches on the Caribbean Sea versus the West Coast. I do not recommend the West Coast for people who love the beach and want to swim in the surf.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other suggestions people have!

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. With a 2 year old, I'm not really interested in flying out to Hawaii, I was looking more for Caribbean or Mexico since we're on the east coast. I'll definitely take a look at Beaches Turks and Caicos though!