Uk passenger fly cruise ncl package to Miami review.

asda

Hi. Just returened home from a flycruise package from uk to miami with ncl.

Our flights from manchester to miami were arranged by ncl. Along with hotel and transfers.

Once we received our edocs the flight locator code was there allowing us to go on British airways website and pre book all our seat numbers.

Our flight was with BA manchester to london Heathrow.then BA to Miami. ( food and drinks included)

A pre paid taxi took us to the hotel cambria suites. ( very nice hotel about 15 mins from airport, breakfast was nice but not included , approx $12 pp) pool view room,lounge area, 2 TVs. Coffee maker. Free coffee in hotel reception. Following morning at 11.30 a coach picked us up for transfer to miami port. Checked in and onboard within a hour.

We had a prepaid transfere back to Miami airport but decided not to use it as flight home wasn't till 7.15 that evening so took a taxi to the savoy hotel on miami South beach and paid $25 each for a day pass. Paid for a taxi back to airport later $35 a taxi.

Flight home was American airways (77w plane, very nice and new, food and drinks included)

Very pleased with the ncl flycruise package. Not sure if it could have been done any cheaper by doing it ourself. But at least it was all guaranteed just in case of any flight delays.

Hope this helps (. I think we were the only 3 uk passengers on the cruise,correct me if I'm wrong)

I am pretty certain that you could have saved money by booking your own flights. On most NCL fly drives they tend to quote double the airfare than arranging your own flight. still, if you enjoyed the experience then OK.

Hi .normally in Europe we always book every thing our self (flights,hotels,transferes) but was quite pleased with the price of the ncl fly/cruise package under £3800 for all 3 adults. At miami airport on way home our flight was overbooked it was chaos ,we where ok but some couldn't get on and had to be rebooked so if that had been our case ncl would have had to sort it.

When you have sailed from miami has there been any uk passengers on the ship at the same time? We kept looking for some but the usa passengers looked after us.

I'd find it weird that a high season cruise would have only few UK passengers.

Can't remember exactly but on every cruise that I've been on and gotten any info about passenger demographics, there have been at least quarter or third of all passengers (more on European itineraries) that are non-US/Canadian and of those UK has often been the biggest single non-US/Canadian country or origin.

Edited by Demonyte

Being from the UK also I first went to Miami with the NCL package and found it to be fine. However we decided to make our own arrangements on our last cruise and found it to be significantly cheaper. We stayed in a nicer hotel when we arrived and got a day pass free for the way back and transport to the airport for $10 which was great. We are going on a cruise via Miami again next month and plan to spend a couple of days in Miami pre cruise - flights for both of us from Scotland, accommodation for two nights pre cruise in good hotel plus a day room at the Sofitel near the airport came to a total of £1670. I have not included transfers as we are going to take the Metrorail from the airport to our hotel $5 for both of us! Hope you enjoyed your cruise - we are hooked as you can probably tell :D

Meant to say that I have yet to meet up with other UK cruisers once on the ship. The first time we cruised, we met some folk in the hotel before transfer to the ship but on our last cruise we didn't see anyone else from the UK but were happy to meet lots of USA folks, some of whom we will be meeting again next month :)

We've just booked on NCL Getaway and booked cruise and flights separately. There is at least 4 other UK parties already on the roll call and now there are another 2 (us and our friends). From the roll call we discovered that Thomas Cook now fly direct from Manchester to Miami which is who we booked with at a cost of £469pp. NCL were showing £880 for a flight! Now need to book a reasonable priced hotel pre and post cruise in Miami - any recommendations?

• 3 months later...

Hi. Just a quick note to anyone who has booked british airways flights either with Ncl as a package or independently. Make sure you join british airways club or Avios. We did. We have now exchanged our points for tickets for the three London palaces passes worth about £50 each. And a case of 12 bottles of wine worth £102. All for joining ba club. Plus we were able to pick our seats on both flights and do online check in before leaving home. (Manchester to Heathrow to miami and return)

We have flown twice before from Heathrow to Miami and arranged it ourselves. We have never found any other British cruisers either on board.

We are doing a back to back in January 2016 on the Escape. The flight cruise package from NCL was very expensive and they couldn't even tell me which airline it would be with.

We have Premium economy Heathrow to Miami return for £880 each. My other half flies weekly for work normally with BA and has gold status so fingers crossed for an upgrade!

We fly in the night before, need to book a hotel still.