Breakaway Help!!!

alb17

Good Morning,

Looking to book the breakaway for our honeymoon in November. Couple of questions to make sure we pick the perfect room. First off, we are looking for a room that is quiet. Would also love one of the AFT rooms. To make sure it is nice, quiet and relaxing, are the aft rooms on deck 10 and 11 our best shot for this?

Second thing is the free add on if we book the aft now. I am having a really hard time on what to choose. I am a vegetarian, my soon to be wife only eats fish, is it worth getting the upgraded meal plan considering these two things? The thing that makes it that much harder is I also do not drink. My fiance does, but probably not more than 3 to 4 drinks a day. Basically my question is, taking these things into consideration, would it be better for us to get the upgraded meal package for free if we book now, or get the alcohol package for free if we book now knowing only she is going to be drinking?

Thanks for any help you may have on these things!!!

The meal plan (UDP) is valued at $119 per person for a 7 day cruise. If your bar tab will be more than that, I'd go with the drink plan (UBP) valued around $450 per person.

We picked the UBP for free and purchased the UDP ourselves.

The meal plan (UDP) is valued at $119 per person for a 7 day cruise. If your bar tab will be more than that, I'd go with the drink plan (UBP) valued around $450 per person.

I don't think it's that simple.from what the OP says, I'm not sure that they would get the full $119 value from the UDP. If they would only eat at a speciality a couple of times then financially the UBP makes sense even with just a couple of drinks a day.

I don't think it's that simple.from what the OP says, I'm not sure that they would get the full $119 value from the UDP. If they would only eat at a speciality a couple of times then financially the UBP makes sense even with just a couple of drinks a day.

I completely agree with you. That's exactly what I said. :D

I completely agree with you. That's exactly what I said. :D

Not quite. You said the UBP would be worth it if their bar bill is more than the cost of the UDP. I was just saying that, if they wouldn't eat at the speciality restaurants anyway, then it is probably worth it even if they spend a lower amount on drinks.

Not that it matters anyway. I think that with 3-4 drinks a day then it's probably worth them getting the UBP, especially if they will drink any soda as well.

Not quite. You said the UBP would be worth it if their bar bill is more than the cost of the UDP. I was just saying that, if they wouldn't eat at the speciality restaurants anyway, then it is probably worth it even if they spend a lower amount on drinks.

Not that it matters anyway. I think that with 3-4 drinks a day then it's probably worth them getting the UBP, especially if they will drink any soda as well.

I still agree :D. And you are right, I was not clear in what I meant.:eek:

I like it when you all agree as well!! Thanks for the info. The UBP seems like the best bet. I will def. take advantage of the sodas in this package, and maybe I can even get them to make me some mocktails to help curb the pricing!! Honestly the restaurants we would frequent in the specialty category really seem like the ones that offer the a la carte pricing, which doesn't seem to be covered by the ultimate dining package

We did stay in an aft on the Breakaway. 9318, I think. It was super nice and there was a lot of vibration when the ship first started moving out of the port and we were worried that it would be happening all the time, but that totally wasn't the case. Since we were going to only one port, the vibration happened only a couple of times.

That trip pretty much spoiled me for aft balconies. We stood out on our balcony on the way out of Bermuda and it was just gorgeous. You could watch the ship's wake and see how she had to thread her way through the coral. Sailing back into NYC in the early morning I was able to get some great pictures of the Statue of Liberty in the sunrise.

I would say the only complaint I had was it is a bit of a hike from the central areas of the ship, but it's completely worth it!

Jen

I like it when you all agree as well!! Thanks for the info. The UBP seems like the best bet. I will def. take advantage of the sodas in this package, and maybe I can even get them to make me some mocktails to help curb the pricing!! Honestly the restaurants we would frequent in the specialty category really seem like the ones that offer the a la carte pricing, which doesn't seem to be covered by the ultimate dining package

You can get all the mocktails you want. A friend that cruised with us when we all received the UBP free, drank them the whole cruise since she doesn't drink. She said the Non-alcoholic Mudslides tasted like a chocolate milkshake! :)

Edited by peg013

I'm leaving on BA in three weeks, first time. I have sailed NCL five other times. I hear you on being a vegetarian and getting the UDP. I decided to do it anyway. I will occasionally eat fish and there is a vegetarian option in every up charge restaurant. Hope this helps. The UBP seems like overkill for your situation.

ALB17

I read that the largest balconies were on 9, and then 12, 11, 10, 14 and 13.

We just booked neighboring aft cabins on deck 9 for us and my parents.

I am also a 99% vegan (I'll eat shrimp and clams but no meat, eggs, dairy...) and hope they'll have a nice stir fry.

It'll be our 2nd Norwegian cruise but first time on Breakaway.