ES Question - If my deck is sold out

lesters

Does that mean that I cannot apply for anymore OBC if the price drops?

Or is my room category available on other decks?

I am in a balcony mid ship on the Magic - deck 8 / Verandah

These show up as "not available" so I am assuming they are sold out.

Thanks! We have pocketed a small OBC with some earlier drops but now that our deck is "gone" not sure if I am wasting my time checking for additional price drops.

Thanks!!!

Does that mean that I cannot apply for anymore OBC if the price drops?

Or is my room category available on other decks?

I am in a balcony mid ship on the Magic - deck 8 / Verandah

Thanks!!!

Balcony staterooms on the Magic deck 8 midship are category 8D. Balcony staterooms on deck 9 forward and aft are also category 8D.

You can price match those cabins as well.

Good Luck!

And just because it is sold out now doesn't mean that it will stay that way so keep checking back. Right now our category is sold out, but with over a year to go I'm sure some people will decide not to go or have something come up.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

And just because it is sold out now doesn't mean that it will stay that way so keep checking back. Right now our category is sold out, but with over a year to go I'm sure some people will decide not to go or have something come up.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

It may be sold out because TA's have the cabins blocked out. When they release them, they become available again. But that usually doesn't happen until Final Payment.

Thanks for all the great responses!

It was easier when I was comparing apples to apples - its a little trickier looking at the mock booking to know if I am looking at another 8D... so for the 5 minutes of time and effort it take to document everything I put in for some price protection as it "appears" I can get another balcony cabin for $50 less than what our price is at. If its a 8D or not I am not 100% sure so I figured it was worth a shot.

Fingers crossed - every $50 helps!

Where can I find my cabin category? I don't see it on my docs/booking info.

It should be in the email you received from Carnival for your booking. If you did it through a TA, you need to contact them. Also, if through a TA, the TA needs to submit the price drop request.

After the great advice I thought I should let you know the result...

Well we were not able to get any price adjustment for OBC with this price that I was able to find. The rate was for an 8B and we have an 8D and there were none of those available today.

So I guess we will keep checking and bugging my TA each time just to make sure I'm not missing out on any additional OBC. We have $130 which is the most we have ever ended up with... I guess we book our cruises at good points and don't overpay!