What bar do you recommend on Liberty?

dpostman

Champagne Bar was great before dinner, good drinks and some little apps before dinner. We went there every night. But I didn't get beer there. Except when I was on the pool deck, Hoof and Claw was my beer place of choice for the cruise, only problem was it can get kind of crowded at night. Olive or Twist was nice, but we could really feel a vibration while we were up there. Not a huge deal, but after a while I just didn't like it.

We hit the schooner bar once or twice during the cruise, just remember getting some specialty/fruity drinks while we did a trivia contest there.

Our go to bar on Liberty was Bolero's. Great martini's, and a great selection of bourbon/whiskey/scotch. It does get busy, but we always had a seat at the bar..I also loved the views to the ocean from the bar and easy walk outside for fresh air when I wanted. We would frequent other lounges as well, but Bolero's was definitely our place.

Hey TomKo2, I saw you in the Roll Call. I'll look for you in Boléros or in Olive or Twist. I'll be the Guy with the Tilley Hat. Well, Except maybe not on Formal night :cool:

dp

You should be easy to spot -- Maritime accent and a Tilley Hat - love it.

Kathy:)

You should be easy to spot -- Maritime accent and a Tilley Hat - love it.

Kathy:)

Well, my accent doesn't show up as much on paper, but I'm actually Acadian, so English is a second language for me. It'll be even easier to spot/hear.

I have Acadian, Irish and Scottish ancestry, so that explains my obsession with finding all the best drinking spots. :D

Oh, and according to the Deck Plans, Boléros is on Deck 4, Slighly Aft on the Port side.

Dennis

dp

I searched around trying to find info about the bars on Liberty, but I did not find much useful information except for locations on the deck plans. If you know of a thread, please point me in the right direction.

In April we will be on Liberty in Room 8356, Which is mid-ship, slightly aft on the Starboard side. I'm wondering which would be my go-to bar for regular drinks to bring back to the room. Beer, Rye & ginger, Old Fashioned, Gin & Tonic type drinks. I'm assuming the pool bars are probably the most crowded. I would like to find a bar (and bartender) that I can stick with most of the time, not always of course.

Are there certain bars that have their own specialties, like I believe, Vintages would be for wine.

Is there a bar that stocks more Scotches than the others?

Do the bartenders stick to the same bar for the whole cruise or are they moved around from Bar to Bar.

Thanks for any info

beer-drinking.gifdrinks.gif

dp

Thanks for asking the question dpostman! Great suggestions from all.

Edited by sauvichick

Enjoy your cruise!

They'll love your accent :)

My favorite on Liberty is the Champagne Lounge. Robert, bartender who was there in December, made the best creamy chocolate martini!

Found the Pub hit and miss on my Dec cruise. Yes, if you went to the bar to get your beer, drink service was great. If you sat out on the promenade or even inside at a table, three servers walked around with their trays, but didn't stop at any table -- it was like everyone was invisible to them. I can 'get ' why out in the promenade they might not bother as people sit there just to rest, eat their pizza, etc and don't want anything - but when people inside or out actually look at the menu - wave the server over and they just walk away -- I don't get. Why bother having them? Post a sign -- bar service only:)

I'm not a fan of where the Schooner is on the Liberty - it's a great pub on radiance-class ships. Again, just based on the Dec sailing - the bar service was terrible.

Didn't go to the Catacombs this cruise - the one before I did - had great service there.

Definitely agree -- great martini's up at Olive and Twist.

Found Bolero's busy -- all the time! Which is fine, but when only one bartender is on the line to get a drink was long -- and let's face it -- not all the time do you want to line up to get a drink -- you want to sit and get served.

A bartender at the pool bar made a great Caesar:)

Thanks JC, those are all great tips. Does anyone remember if there is a bar that makes an Espresso Martini?

Hers is a pic of my own creation :D

Dexter?authkey=Gv1sRgCIf4kdHc-5vLUg#6117514561667996242

I don't know for sure, but I'd try the bar at Cafe Promenade. They do have expresso there.

I don't know for sure, but I'd try the bar at Cafe Promenade. They do have expresso there.

Maybe. Not many places make it because the Espresso must be made in advance and chilled.

dp

Edited by dpostman

I'd also try Vintages for the expresso martini. We did a martini tasting there once and they had several different kinds, though I don't recall if expresso was an option.

Hummm, Martini tasting... sounds like fun. The night might end up finishing early though :o

Oh and.... you've been so helpful, I just want to point out, in my most polite and respectful voice possible, it is Espresso with and "s", not an "x" ;)

worthy.gif

dp

Hummm, Martini tasting... sounds like fun. The night might end up finishing early though :o

Oh and.... you've been so helpful, I just want to point out, in my most polite and respectful voice possible, it is Espresso with and "s", not an "x" ;)

worthy.gif

dp

Thanks.:)