A silly (non) complaint

decemberpsyche

I am booked on the Liberty April 12th. This is our first Carnival cruise, with all 5 of my previous cruises being on Norwegian.

I'm super excited for our cruise. It'll be me, DH, and DS. This trip is for my son's graduation celebration. He leaves for basic training 2 weeks after graduation so we have to pull him out of school to do this. We normally do inside cabins because, well, honestly we're cheap and don't see the point in spending the extra money for the other cabins. We have been upgraded to a porthole once, and had a balcony on our Baltic's cruise because the price dropped so low it was free to upgrade.

For this cruise we were going above what we normally do because it is for his graduation and wanted it to be more special than our usual vacations. So we were going to originally going to do a suite (when we were thinking we were going on Norwegian), but Carnival doesn't really have the suite perks that they do so we couldn't justify the extra cost just for some space, so we are booked into a tba balcony.

The only cabin I would have picked outright, because we truly do not care where our balcony is, is 1118 on the spa deck, and only because 1118 is my son's birthday. My pvp said I could call anytime and grab that room (and pay the price difference) if I was so inclined. So I've been watching and debating. It's only 100 more for the room and my son even said he would pay it to have that room number. I go on this morning and wouldn't you know it, that is the ONLY FREAKING ROOM booked in that section.

Please know that I'm not really mad. I snoozed and I lost. I actually think it's quite funny. Now, I just need time to pass so we can go on vacation and have a great time!

Happy sailing all. :D

Keep checking everyday. The cabin on our next cruise was booked for weeks. I checked one day and it came open so I booked it right then and there. Now all the cabins on our deck are sold out and I'm glad I kept checking for that cabin to come open.

Maybe DH beat you to it?

Nope. He's not into gestures like that, he just wouldn't think of it. And I checked our booking and we don't have a room assignment yet. The tiny part of my brain that believes in miracles kinda hoped that it was my pvp holding the room for us because it was the only room I specifically asked about and the reasoning behind it.

I'll be happy anywhere. I'll be on vacation.

I am booked on the Liberty April 12th. This is our first Carnival cruise, with all 5 of my previous cruises being on Norwegian.

I'm super excited for our cruise. It'll be me, DH, and DS. This trip is for my son's graduation celebration. He leaves for basic training 2 weeks after graduation so we have to pull him out of school to do this. We normally do inside cabins because, well, honestly we're cheap and don't see the point in spending the extra money for the other cabins. We have been upgraded to a porthole once, and had a balcony on our Baltic's cruise because the price dropped so low it was free to upgrade.

For this cruise we were going above what we normally do because it is for his graduation and wanted it to be more special than our usual vacations. So we were going to originally going to do a suite (when we were thinking we were going on Norwegian), but Carnival doesn't really have the suite perks that they do so we couldn't justify the extra cost just for some space, so we are booked into a tba balcony.

The only cabin I would have picked outright, because we truly do not care where our balcony is, is 1118 on the spa deck, and only because 1118 is my son's birthday. My pvp said I could call anytime and grab that room (and pay the price difference) if I was so inclined. So I've been watching and debating. It's only 100 more for the room and my son even said he would pay it to have that room number. I go on this morning and wouldn't you know it, that is the ONLY FREAKING ROOM booked in that section.

Please know that I'm not really mad. I snoozed and I lost. I actually think it's quite funny. Now, I just need time to pass so we can go on vacation and have a great time!

Happy sailing all. :D

Carnival only shows 10 open cabins at any one time on the website, so it is possible that that particular cabin is still available, just not within the 10 they chose to show at that time. If for example only 6 cabins are showing as available, then yes, 1118 would already be booked by someone.

Your PVP cannot hold 1118 for you to get your tba assigned as 1118.

It can't hurt to give Carnival a call and ask whether 1118 is available inventory.

Either way, Congratulations on the Graduation and have a great cruise !

You'll have a wonderful cruise no matter what room you're in because you're with your family. Please thank your son, in advance, for his service to our country. Both my DH and I are retired Air Force and we pray for our young people currently serving. Have a great time.

Go in and take the Spa Balcony anyway. It comes with free access to the Spa facilities, which is a very nice perk, well worth the price of admission (20-30p/day if purchased separately). If you get a guarantee upgrade to one of those, IIRC, you don't get the free access.

Go in and take the Spa Balcony anyway. It comes with free access to the Spa facilities, which is a very nice perk, well worth the price of admission (20-30p/day if purchased separately). If you get a guarantee upgrade to one of those, IIRC, you don't get the free access.

I asked about that. No benefits to room. It's just called spa because it's on spa deck.

Just a thought, if 10 rooms are showing as available, call and inquire if that room is. Someone else gave me this tip for an aft OV room I wanted (it's oversized and has two windows) and sure enough it was available and they moved me to it