Booking Cabana at Labadee

rosiecheeks97

When we booked one with RCL they were available months in advance. But I am now just over 40some days out from a trip and I never saw them come open on Celebrity. It just says book on board, which I assume translates to, tough luck Melinda, you aren't getting cabana. :)

When we booked one with RCL they were available months in advance. But I am now just over 40some days out from a trip and I never saw them come open on Celebrity. It just says book on board, which I assume translates to, tough luck Melinda, you aren't getting cabana. :)

The cabanas on Nelly's Beach are sold as excursions. Celebrity only sell a percentage of excursions pre-cruise. If you approach the shore excursions desk as soon as you book, you should still be able to purchase a cabana.

If you are considering purchasing a cabana at Bare Foot Beach [for suite guests] none of these are sold in advance. Speak with the concierge or Michael's Club concierge when you board.

We got a Cabana at Barefoot Beach the night before we arrived in Labadee and most were empty when we arrived there. It was a very last minute decision to spend the day with some fabulous people we met on board. (We booked it by stopping at guest services just before our 8:30 pm dinner seating.)

However, this was on the January 25 Silhouette sailing and we were the only ship there that day.

P.S. I would definitely book one again!

• 4 weeks later...

Project _gal

Sorry to tell you all this, but RCL has done it again.

My wife and I are sailing Oasis on 4/11/15. We are in a suite and my wife had only one request of me,

An over water cabana on barefoot beach. RCL site says "no online reservations, check on board"

So I play by the rules, and will check in on board first thing, in fact I'm rather smart, so when the concierge contacts me the week ahead of our cruise, I'll ask to reserve one then. ....Today I'm surfing cruise critic, and see a post from months ago about a concierge reaching out to a future guest. The letter says "Cabanas are first come first serve, and all of the over water are already gone."

Wait, I didn't read that right. How could they be gone? In my concern I track down an e mail for the Oasis concierge and make my request. Two hours later, you guessed it...... Sorry sir, they are gone.

Now that I have vented my frustration, this is my point. Do