Liberty out of san juan

oceanlvr1016

I have always flown in on embarkation day in the past & never had any problems, as it is a 10pm departure time. I do however, for my comfort always like for my flights to arrive no later than noon or the 12 o'clock hour... just for my peace of mind. Last flight arrived @ 1220pm & we were in our cabin by 2pm.

Just curious with the late ship departure if anyone has flown in on embarkation day? We have several people in our group from Southern California considering the redeye out of LAX arriving SJU before noon. Most flights connect through FLL and there are multiple flight options.. the first arriving SJU around 10am and the latest around 7pm. Not really sure what to think about this. Hubby and I have always flown in day before, but with the late departure are thinking about it.

For sanity I'd aim for earliest flight. Last boarding is 8:30pm I believe or sooner for final manifest list. Luggage retrieval isn't the speediest- maybe 45 min ish, plus 20 min taxi.

A hint is to use luggage porters - they pile up luggage, get you in line for taxi etc. $1-2/bag or at least $5. They are really invaluable after cruise when retrieving luggage. Somehow they magically get to skip long duty declaration lines, expedite and find a taxi in short time for you.

Im having a Black Monday! the worst news for us here in San Juan...

opinions please Carnival its taking the Liberty out of San Juan and can you believe they sending us the Fascination :mad:

I sorry for all of the San Juan people, but you can still have fun on the Fascination. Hopefully this doesn't mean Carnival is getting ready to phase out San Juan.

It's also official in Galveston:)

We re due 3 ships permanent, Breeze (Nov '16) Freedom is already there and Triumph is going to New Orleans when Liberty comes from San Juan. I haven't been able to find out where Magic is going when Breeze comes in.

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious with the late ship departure if anyone has flown in on embarkation day? We have several people in our group from Southern California considering the redeye out of LAX arriving SJU before noon. Most flights connect through FLL and there are multiple flight options.. the first arriving SJU around 10am and the latest around 7pm. Not really sure what to think about this. Hubby and I have always flown in day before, but with the late departure are thinking about it.

This will be our first time flying on day of departure. We leave Syracuse @ 6:00 A.M. , sched. to arrive in SJ @ 1:00 P. M. Normally I would not do this, but with late departure and travel insurance, no problem

This will be our first time flying on day of departure. We leave Syracuse @ 6:00 A.M. , sched. to arrive in SJ @ 1:00 P. M. Normally I would not do this, but with late departure and travel insurance, no problem

Seems like a lot of people do it.... I am sure you will be fine ;)