Bar service at reception on RCCL

cruiseescape

Hi I know someone had mentioned that they had got RR to open a bar opposed to just having waiter service and I would really like to know how you went about getting them to do that for you???? Did you have to pay them extra?? Did you have to talk to someone special??

I'd appreciate help with this from anyone that has experienced this.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm getting married on the Coral Princess and I just asked for details from my wedding coordinator. She has told me that to get an open bar for 2 hours you need to have at least 10 people in your party. You also have to pay $150 to cover the cost of a coordinator to be present during this time.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

I'm the one that made them open a bar for our reception. We had arranged for 2 hours of open bar with our buffet lunch. It wasn't specified how drinks would be handled, only that guests would not be paying for them.

I wasn't until the reception began that we realized the plan to use waiters as opposed to an actual bar. Some reception locations do have a permanent bar. In our case, we actually had TWO bars in the Safari Lounge, so we were a bit confused about why they opted for waiter service for the cocktails.

As soon as it became apparent what the plan was, the best man got with the wedding planner and the head waiter (from the ship) and got them to open a bar. One waiter still made rounds, but most guests simply walked up to the bar and ordered their own drink. Not sure, but there's a good chance the best man tipped someone after the fact.

One thing to keep in mind is that we had a rather large group -- 60 guests. Two cocktail servers was just not going to get it done. And we paid quite a bit for the two hour open bar, so we wanted people not to have to wait 15 or 20 minutes to get a drink. For a smaller group, the waiter service would probably be fine. But in our case, it never would have worked.

Hope this info is helpful.

Archived