Pearl Inside Rooms - Deck 9?

GrumpyGoose

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise this summer, and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the June 21st sailing of the Pearl to Alaska, along with quite a few others. We were looking to stay in an inside room to save some cash for excursions. The price difference between a balcony and an inside room are just too much to justify it right now, maybe next time!

The problem is I've been left inside of deciding where to stay and I have no idea. Never even set foot on a cruise ship. I've called Norwegian and done some research and Deck 9 seems as good a place as any for a quiet room. I've no need to be close to the action and don't mind walking, but I would appreciate a place away from the hustle and bustle of dining rooms and clubs.

Is deck 9 a good place to rest my head? For what it's worth, the rooms I've been looking at are in the "ID" category, but only because Norwegian's website pointed out they were quiet. Would also be fine with IC or IF.

Thanks for helping to clear this up! Looking forward to my first sailing.

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise this summer, and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the June 21st sailing of the Pearl to Alaska, along with quite a few others. We were looking to stay in an inside room to save some cash for excursions. The price difference between a balcony and an inside room are just too much to justify it right now, maybe next time!

The problem is I've been left inside of deciding where to stay and I have no idea. Never even set foot on a cruise ship. I've called Norwegian and done some research and Deck 9 seems as good a place as any for a quiet room. I've no need to be close to the action and don't mind walking, but I would appreciate a place away from the hustle and bustle of dining rooms and clubs.

Is deck 9 a good place to rest my head? For what it's worth, the rooms I've been looking at are in the "ID" category, but only because Norwegian's website pointed out they were quiet. Would also be fine with IC or IF.

According to the site I used to research cabins on the Pearl, Deck 9 is a great place for an inside stateroom. They said:

"If you are looking for an inside cabin, this is an excellent deck. There are several located on Deck 9 of the Pearl, and those most forward (9505 & 9005) and most aft (9669 & 9169) are across the hall from the high rent areas on this deck which is also where the best cabin stewards are assigned."

Edited by zacdilone

We have a cabin booked on the 9th floor in an ID cabin for our 3 adult kids. I am hoping it will all be good as they are all over 20 and hope they can fit without too much being uncomfortable when are you thinking of going? We are going in July

Edited by tlwfun9

After you book your inside, make sure that you keep checking on ncl's website as the cruise sail date gets closer. Sometimes, prices will drop, and drop quite a bit, if the cruise or even certain cabin categories are not selling well.

We've cruised on ncl to Alaska 4 times. On one of our cruises, prices on balconies dropped and dropped as the cruise sail date drew near. We were able to change from an inside to a balcony for only $150 more per person.

have a wonderful time on your cruise!

I agree with the person that said to check back every once in a while for deals. We've been on 30+ cruises and have always booked an inside room. However, I started checking the past few years for lower prices when it gets closer to sailing and twice we gotten upgraded to a balcony for no additional charge. This was after final payment too. We'll be on the Pearl in a few weeks and although the balcony rooms never got cheap enough for this sailing, a few months ago they had a third person free and a lower price. I was able to save over $500 on our cruise. Book the room and the price you are happy with because it likely won't change. However, don't be afraid to keep checking the NCL website for lower prices.

The Pearl is a nice ship and will be a good size to go to Alaska. Have fun!

Thanks everyone for your answers! I went ahead and booked the June 21st cruise aboard the Pearl with an awesome Norwegian Rep today. I paid a bit more than some travel agencies, but I appreciated his time and I hope they will be there in case of an issue down the line. For our first cruise, I guess you can say this is peace of mind.

After you book your inside, make sure that you keep checking on ncl's website as the cruise sail date gets closer. Sometimes, prices will drop, and drop quite a bit, if the cruise or even certain cabin categories are not selling well.

We've cruised on ncl to Alaska 4 times. On one of our cruises, prices on balconies dropped and dropped as the cruise sail date drew near. We were able to change from an inside to a balcony for only $150 more per person.

have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Can you go into more detail on this? If we see a lower price on a balcony offered on the website, do we just call up our rep and pay the difference between our current fare and the one shown? Certainly promising. We would love an upgrade, but double the cost just isn't worth it.

You cant go off of the travel agencies website. What happens is a TA buys a block of rooms from NCL at a discounted rate. This is why it is almost always cheaper to go through a TA website. NCL of course has the most rooms so if you paid $800 per person for your inside room and as you get closer to the sale date balconies go for $850 on the NCL site per person you can call NCL to upgrade to that and pay the difference. The benefit for NCL is now they freed up a room at a much lower rate because the inside rooms may be down to the $550 range. They already have your money so now they have opened up a cheaper room that someone may be more inclined to purchase because of the cost.

The ship makes it money from having people on board. Spending money on the ship or at preferred shops at ports. If people arent on the ship they lose out on a lot of money. This is the reason why the rate is always listed as double occupancy unless you book a single's room on one of the newer ships.

Thanks for the explanation! We booked through NCL, so I'll keep checking the website and hope prices go down so maybe we can upgrade.

You can check for price reductions up until your final payment due date and just call Ncl to get the rate deduction.

After your final payment due date, when they lower prices to fill the ship, Ncl may give a small OBC but they don't have to do anything then.

You may be able to upgrade to a better cabin for a smaller amount of money as an option.

The Pearl was our 1st cruise (also to Alaska) and we loved it. We were on deck 8 midship in an inside cabin and enjoyed that area greatly.:)

You can check for price reductions up until your final payment due date and just call Ncl to get the rate deduction.

After your final payment due date, when they lower prices to fill the ship, Ncl may give a small OBC but they don't have to do anything then.

You may be able to upgrade to a better cabin for a smaller amount of money as an option.

The Pearl was our 1st cruise (also to Alaska) and we loved it. We were on deck 8 midship in an inside cabin and enjoyed that area greatly.:)

Ditto this. My Alaska trip has been dropping in price since the first of the year.. to where I'm now booked in a B2 balcony for what I had initially paid to book an inside.

Great job on the booking and great replies in this thread. I think you made a great choice on deck 9 June,,, we choose same :-) if interested join the roll call too for others on the same ship as you and same sailing.