Dream Cove balconies 2371, 2373, 2375

kbh2

Has anyone stayed in any of these Cove balcony rooms. I know they are under the end of the galley and I think across from the laundry, I just wanted to know if there is any noise from above or aggravation with the laundry. It won't make me move I am excited about having the Cove's but just want to be prepared.

We were in 2385 in 2011. The room was gorgeous. I don't recall any noise, but we do sleep with a fan, so that does minimize what we can actually hear. You will love your cove balcony!

That is just 3 cabins down, thank you!

Stayed in 2375 on 2 separate occasions. Great cabin. The first trip did not hear any noise. The 2nd trip we heard a little noise from above but it was not enough to disturb us after a long day of enjoying the islands and the ship. Have fun!

Stayed in 2375 on 2 separate occasions. Great cabin. The first trip did not hear any noise. The 2nd trip we heard a little noise from above but it was not enough to disturb us after a long day of enjoying the islands and the ship. Have fun!

Wonderful thank you so much for your reply!

We stayed in 2379, we did experience noise in the middle of the night, at times it sounded like someone dropped a cart load of pans. It would not stop me from booking again but if you are a lite sleeper, you are going to him them working. Now the laundry is a different story. It was nice using the laundry room sign as a land mark, but some passengers would prop the door to the laundry open making the hallway very humid. Also during sea days some would gather in the hallway while their laundry was being washed and carry on loud conversations that we could here while inside. That may not be the norm. Again I would book the location again and my cruise was definitely not ruined.

Has anyone stayed in any of these Cove balcony rooms. I know they are under the end of the galley and I think across from the laundry, I just wanted to know if there is any noise from above or aggravation with the laundry. It won't make me move I am excited about having the Cove's but just want to be prepared.

Those balconies will have a camera mounted under the lifeboats. If those were my only choices, I'd take the one closest to bow.

I have a some questions about the cove balconies. My mom and I are planning on sailing on the Dream in September.

1. What do you like about them and what do you dislike?

2. I saw a picture of one on Carnival ' s website. Is the balcony actually open or is it covered with a window? I couldn't tell.

Thanks for any input.

Went in the dream a year ago March and had a regular balcony after having a cove balcony. Absolutely incomparable. Cove wins hands down. The balcony is open but doesn't have the glass but instead metal. It is a little smaller opening but not by much. Being so close to the water was so soothing and much more private than the "upper balconies" as you didn't look down on the lanai. You are completely private and its so quiet and you just hear the ocean. And it's good in port too if you like to watch the "runners" late for the ship. Always an entertaining pass time, unless you're one of them!!

Thanks kwitt703! I do have another question. I have been reading that if you are in a cove balcony under the galley, then it may be loud. There is only 1 room available on my cruise that isn't under the galley. If it's taken before I can book, are there any suggestions about where ,in general, under the galley is the quietest?

We were under the galley when we were on ours and did hear people walking during dinner time. At night however it was completely quiet as their wasn't a lot of foot traffic in the kitchen. This would not deter me from choosing the room but if you could get that 1 room I'd say go for it! But definitely cove balcony is the best choice!

We stayed in a cove cabin # 2353 or maybe 2355?? We were on the dream. We were just under the galley. It was only noisy about 11:30-12:00 each night. Sounded like some sort of dishwashing cycle. Scared me the first 2 nights but after that it didn't bother me. It didn't bother DH at all.

I think it is a roll if the dice aling with what type of sleeper you are. I am definitely a light sleeper. But we would book same cabin again.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from staying in 2369. The noise from above was minimal and what we did hear wasn't very loud. The laundry we couldn't hear at all but it was a few doors further down from us. We could hear the tv through the connecting door of our cabin and 2371. We were happy with the cabin location and didn't feel noise was an issue. If you have any specific questions let me know.

We were just on the Dream and stayed in 2441 and it was so noisy all night long that we called and complained. They had a cancellation so they moved us to 2354. There was some noise between 10:00 and 11:00 pm and some early in the morning but not too bad and we slept great.