Frustrated with MYSELF - Sail Again Deposit

GoofyCrew

We are from IL and we decided to sail out of NY for Spring Break this year. The deciding factor was airfare. Airfare prices anywhere south during Spring Break were outrageous. I got R/T flights on SWA to NY for a bit under $200. The price of the cruise for our week in March was less expensive than the 7 night cruises going out of Miami too. The cruise is sailing south so the kids and I are thrilled. :D

I feel your pain! A cruise (or any vacation south) that involves airfare the end of March/beginning of April is outrageous. And you have a good point - as long as we are ultimately heading south, we will be thrilled!

There's a 7-day from Port Canaveral, FL on Spirit Dec 2015 and Jan, Feb 2016. It stops at Nassau, St Thomas, and St Maarten. Spirit also does a 7-day from Port Canaveral to Nassau, STT, and Tortola next Nov through April. In all, there are about 30 NCL sailings in the next two years from southern ports that meet your requirements. Many are west Caribbean but you still have plenty of options. Do you have a membership at that big box store that ends in oh and costs $55 a year. If so, talk to their travel department and tell them what you need.

This was the one I was originally looking at, until I realized that we can't do our family of four in a balcony on the Spirit. The Spirit has the itineraries that most interest me, but I'm not sure how to make it work where we are all healthy, happy and not breaking the bank! A balcony is a must and our kids aren't old enough for an across the hall inside cabin. They may offer adjoining balcony cabins (I haven't checked because, honestly, it won't fit our budget).

Maybe a different ship will shift to these itineraries in the coming years.

And no, no membership because there isn't a Oh-Club around here. ;)