Carnival Hub App....how is it?

MickCruiser

Heading out on the Breeze in three weeks and wondering about feedback on this app and how it's working on board? The app in the Apple Store has 18 Five star ratings and that's all. There is no such thing as Utopia....especially in the app world.

Anyone use on the Breeze recently? How responsive are the social media apps when using the $25 weekly social plan. Can you post text and pics or just text?? Are you using the native mobile FB, Twitter apps while connected to the ships wifi while mobile device is in airplane mode?

Thanks in advance. :-)

- JPO

I'll be using it on the Breeze tomorrow and will report back!

Thank you for offering to report back. We're planning to use the app to chat with our group of 13. Not thrilled to carry my phone around but the convenience of the chat feature should make it worth it.

Thank you for offering to report back. We're planning to use the app to chat with our group of 13. Not thrilled to carry my phone around but the convenience of the chat feature should make it worth it.

No problem. I don't mind having my phone, I use it as a camera.

We spent Christmas on the Breeze and LOVED the app and social media package. I would say that 90% of the time our texts to one another were received in seconds, there were just a few occasions where there was significant lag time. The social package was very fast and allowed me to upload pics and communicate with everyone back home. My DH, DS14, and I all agree that it added a huge amount of enjoyment and relaxation to our cruise knowing that we could easily locate one another. I respect everyone that loves to "unplug" on their cruises, but for us the "disconnected" feeling causes much anxiety. I know chances are super slim, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be available on the Dream when we sail in March.

Hope you enjoy the Breeze! We love her and will probably be booking her again soon for Christmas 2015!

We spent Christmas on the Breeze and LOVED the app and social media package. I would say that 90% of the time our texts to one another were received in seconds, there were just a few occasions where there was significant lag time. The social package was very fast and allowed me to upload pics and communicate with everyone back home. My DH, DS14, and I all agree that it added a huge amount of enjoyment and relaxation to our cruise knowing that we could easily locate one another. I respect everyone that loves to "unplug" on their cruises, but for us the "disconnected" feeling causes much anxiety. I know chances are super slim, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be available on the Dream when we sail in March.

Hope you enjoy the Breeze! We love her and will probably be booking her again soon for Christmas 2015!

I just plan to use the chat feature, which I believe is $5.00 per person. So how do you get started once on board? I downloaded the app, so do I have to go to the front desk to get it activated, fill out forms and pay the fees?

Just knowing that I can reach my DS14 also will be a big stress relief.

Thank you for posting your review:).

At this point, just make sure everyone in your party has downloaded the app.. Once you are on the ship you will log in with your folio number and go from there. No standing in line, no muss, no fuss!! Just curious, the app was in Beta when we cruised, so there was no charge for the chat. Is the $5 charge you referenced per user, per day or per user, per length of cruise?

At this point, just make sure everyone in your party has downloaded the app.. Once you are on the ship you will log in with your folio number and go from there. No standing in line, no muss, no fuss!! Just curious, the app was in Beta when we cruised, so there was no charge for the chat. Is the $5 charge you referenced per user, per day or per user, per length of cruise?

I read 5 per person for entire cruise. Thanks for your response. Seems easy too.

I used it on our January 31, 2015 Breeze cruise. It was great. You can get the ship's schedule of events for the day. Then you can highlight the ones you want to do and you can reference it any time during your cruise. It's like having a computer version of the FUN TIMES.

I did have trouble loading it to my Samsung Tab 4. I went to the Guest Services and they got the ship's computer expert who down loaded it for me using a Beta Version that only he had. He said they were having some problems with the type of tablet I was using but said those would be corrected in a week or so. It worked just fine for me after he installed it. I was lucky enough to be the only cruiser with the corrected version on that cruise.

After your cruise, you can input the date of your next cruise and it will show the days, hours, minutes and seconds until that cruise. At the bottom. it says "I'M ABOARD, LOG ME IN" so I guess it should be easy enough to down load once I am aboard for the next cruise.

The computer tech said they have all kinds of future plans for other applications for the Carnival Hub.

Edited by richfret

I used it on our January 31, 2015 Breeze cruise. It was great. You can get the ship's schedule of events for the day. Then you can highlight the ones you want to do and you can reference it any time during your cruise. It's like having a computer version of the FUN TIMES.

I did have trouble loading it to my Samsung Tab 4. I went to the Guest Services and they got the ship's computer expert who down loaded it for me using a Beta Version that only he had. He said they were having some problems with the type of tablet I was using but said those would be corrected in a week or so. It worked just fine for me after he installed it. I was lucky enough to be the only cruiser with the corrected version on that cruise.

After your cruise, you can input the date of your next cruise and it will show the days, hours, minutes and seconds until that cruise. At the bottom. it says "I'M ABOARD, LOG ME IN" so I guess it should be easy enough to down load once I am aboard for the next cruise.

The computer tech said they have all kinds of future plans for other applications for the Carnival Hub.

Glad they got it to work for you. I am really happy about the FUN TIMES on the phone too. I have had to run back to my cabin multiple times to grab those silly papers and now a swipe of my phone:). Every time they go to clean or tidy up the room, there is MORE papers. Paper equals clutter to me. I think I am going to love this!

Edited by N.FL Cruisers

We used all the free features of it on our Breeze cruise a few weeks ago. No issues at all with it on an Ipad. It was great being able to check my room account in near real time. They don't give you a print out anymore at the end of the cruise on the Breeze, so it really helped to know where I was with charges.

The only thing I didn't like, was that is worked in portrait mode only, seems they designed it more for an iPhone than an iPad.

Fresh off the Breeze today and the app is great! You can monitor your sail and sign card, it has all the activities for the day, and food venues and such. To chat with others on the ship thru the app it's $5 for the whole cruise. Worth it. You can also get internet packages. I did the social media one for $5 for 24 hours (consecutive) and I could also text. It was great. ImageUploadedByForums1425161053.595552.jpg.6f184bffb4700244fcc51e92194eca3c.jpg

Just a screenshot of the menu.

We used it a couple of weeks ago too, it was so easy to use. I could text my hubby and keep in contact and we could keep in contact with home on social media. I found it to be fairly fast. I purchased the media package and then we both paid the $5 to text. When hubby wanted to use his phone he would use the app to log off on another device and then use my sign and sail number to log in on his phone. After we figured that out the first day it was super easy! It was great seeing the fun times on our phone and marking what someone wanted to do. Loved the breeze!

The hub app and social media are 2 different things they also have internet packages My husband wanted to check his work e-mail so we purchased 24 hours internet for 16.00 so we were able to access everything for 24 hours it was great

We also purchased The hub I loved it 5.00 per person per cruise definitely worth it .