Breakaway Nov 29th 2015 Cold?? Help..

NyYankees2k3

Greetings.

I am looking for a middle to late November cruise and this 12 night Breakaway caught my eye. I like how it's a newer ship and you get to go to the Southern Caribbean. I don't know why not many newer ships go there. But the ports you get to see is crazy. I was on the Epic so I am sure I will like the ship.

Now to my concerns questions? I am coming from North Carolina, so it's not anymore convenient for me to go to NY or FL, and it's about same cost to fly there. But.. The Escape and Getaway have the same old standard Eastern and Western ports I have been too.

What I am worried about the days at sea going to and from the Caribbean are going to be cold.. I was also sad there is no indoor pool (I am not staying in Haven so not an option). Will the pools be even warm? Also, once we get to the Caribbean is it warm that time of year (early December), I have never done a cruise this time of the year, so that's why I am asking..

My post was long. so thanks for taking time to respond, basically just concerned about it being cold at days at sea, and not having much to do during the day..

Thoughts?? Suggestions.. Thank you!!

I can't speak for sailing out of NY but I imagine that it could be chilly for a day or two. It was chilly on the Sun last month on our last sea day coming back to Tampa, air temps were in the 60s but with the breeze going across the deck, no one was outside!

I mostly wanted to respond about your question regarding the pool: I would be shocked if they heat it. The pool on the Sun last month was FREEZING! The daytime temps were in the 80s, which was great, but the pool never got even tolerable. We are used to swimming in cold water (Lake Michigan is in the 60s most of the summer...) and it was too cold even for us. :eek: We would have thought that, with the air temps being so warm, that it would have warmed up a little. At most times there were only one or two kids in either of the two pools.

Thank you both for the information. I went on the Sun back in 2005 and that was my first NCL ship. Great time.

I am also looking at the Celebrity Eclipse the same time, never been on them before, it's alittle more than the Breakaway cost wise, but they have an indoor pool which seemed pretty neat.

I've been on 3 NCL, 3 RCCL, 2 Carnival, each has pros and cons. Liked them all really.

Thank you both for the information. I went on the Sun back in 2005 and that was my first NCL ship. Great time.

I am also looking at the Celebrity Eclipse the same time, never been on them before, it's alittle more than the Breakaway cost wise, but they have an indoor pool which seemed pretty neat.

I've been on 3 NCL, 3 RCCL, 2 Carnival, each has pros and cons. Liked them all really.

I'm glad you asked the question, because I was curious as well!

The solarium area on Celebrity is really nice. We had one chilly (Very windy) day in April coming out of Miami (shocking, I know!) and also on the way to Bermuda. We were grateful to have the indoor pool for sure. We've not done Eclipse, but I'm sure it's similar to what we experienced.

We sailed out of NYC in November once and it was chilly, not cold. People were in the hot tubs the minute we left NYC! It stayed pretty chilly until the next night. We didn't go in the pools until the 4th day and the water was fine! You never can tell with the weather up here. We are leaving in 2 weeks and it will be COLD! But we live in the northeast and love the convenience of driving to the port - no flying. If you've never sailed from NYC, you should...it is such a beautiful sail away....

We are leaving November 1st so I have the same questions. I am thinking it will be similar to our cruise out of NYC on Carnival the end of April two years ago. It was chilly for two days. We didn't sit by the pool. But had a blast following the itinerary. Once we hit Bahamas, it was warm enough to do the pool, etc. I'm thinking the same for early November.

Greetings.

I am looking for a middle to late November cruise and this 12 night Breakaway caught my eye. I like how it's a newer ship and you get to go to the Southern Caribbean. I don't know why not many newer ships go there. But the ports you get to see is crazy. I was on the Epic so I am sure I will like the ship.

Now to my concerns questions? I am coming from North Carolina, so it's not anymore convenient for me to go to NY or FL, and it's about same cost to fly there. But.. The Escape and Getaway have the same old standard Eastern and Western ports I have been too.

What I am worried about the days at sea going to and from the Caribbean are going to be cold.. I was also sad there is no indoor pool (I am not staying in Haven so not an option). Will the pools be even warm? Also, once we get to the Caribbean is it warm that time of year (early December), I have never done a cruise this time of the year, so that's why I am asking..

My post was long. so thanks for taking time to respond, basically just concerned about it being cold at days at sea, and not having much to do during the day..

Thoughts?? Suggestions.. Thank you!!

We did the 12 day on ba on jan 4 2015..... By jan 5 2015 at 1 pm we were lounging in bathing suits.

Only cold stay indoor day was day 12 a sea day

Sent from my iPad using Forums