Getaway Photo Review - Food Focus - Specialty Dining - Chef's Table - Viva Vino

megacruiser

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are not sure if we will be able to cruise this ship. We usually leave out of NY so are doing the Gem next year for the third time. We did cruise in Europe on the Epic. You have made it seem as if we were on the ship with you.

Thanks for the review, I am booked on my first NCL cruise on the Escape and since there is NOTHING to read about it yet I am reading other reviews to try and figure out the ins and outs of NCL........... so different from Carnival!!! :eek:

Can you please let me know what hours the ropes course, and water parks were open? It looks amazing and like my kids would love it. I was hoping they don't close down ridiculously early. We have been loyal to RCCL and are diamond members with hem, but this review makes me think I need to look at the Getaway for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you please let me know what hours the ropes course, and water parks were open? It looks amazing and like my kids would love it. I was hoping they don't close down ridiculously early. We have been loyal to RCCL and are diamond members with hem, but this review makes me think I need to look at the Getaway for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone may be able to answer you straight away, but if not then look at the copies of the freestyle dailies which have been posted. The third page has the opening times of most things.

Someone may be able to answer you straight away, but if not then look at the copies of the freestyle dailies which have been posted. The third page has the opening times of most things.

You beat me to it!

Just from memory, the kids stuff tends to have long running hours, weather permitting.

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!! We sail next Saturday & am now exponentially excited after seeing your pix!:D

I, too, want to know about the Chef's dinner - how do I get in on that?

Hi Dallas girl,

Firstly, thanks for your kind comment.

As there seems to be quite an interest in booking the Chef's Table, I will repeat what I mentioned in Post 6; I went to Le Bistro shortly after boarding, having first secured a pass at Guest Services to the Vibe Beach Club. Although not in as much demand as Vibe, it often does sell out on the first day, so worth reserving as early as possible. Hope this helps.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Loving your review! It's very helpful! We are still new to cruising and new to Norwegian. I now know I must book Le Bistro! I'm a little hesitant to book it now though. I'd really like us to be able to have dinner at Le Bistro and then attend a late night comedy show. I wish I knew when the comedy shows were going to take place! My husband and I tend to like the adult comedy better. Thanks for posting! :)

I also know some folk reading this review will be irritated that I ask for people to let me know if they are following; and in fact I have been openly criticised on these boards for this. The reason is simple; when you spend hours day-after-day, sat at home alone, writing and editing photos; a "following" comment is just what you need to remind you that people are actually reading what is posted and find it interesting enough to keep following... I do hope this explanation will at least partially assuage those with any such vexation...

I hope my comment earlier about it taking so long did not come off the wrong way. I too work and there are only so many hours in the day. Believe me, I understand. I meant it as a compliment that I love this review so much that I keep logging on to see if there is more. Believe me, what you do is very much appreciated. I will be sailing in just over a month and this has helped me tremendously.

Edited by Mirrasi

Loving your review! It's very helpful! We are still new to cruising and new to Norwegian. I now know I must book Le Bistro! I'm a little hesitant to book it now though. I'd really like us to be able to have dinner at Le Bistro and then attend a late night comedy show. I wish I knew when the comedy shows were going to take place! My husband and I tend to like the adult comedy better. Thanks for posting! :)

You can look at the dailies posted - the times and days for the comedy shows are usually the same every cruise. They have been for us. I know that CC member Leahh

Has posted recent ones in her review as well.

You are cruising in May- you should be able to book them online soon. Have you checked myNCL ?

You can look at the dailies posted - the times and days for the comedy shows are usually the same every cruise. They have been for us. I know that CC member Leahh

Has posted recent ones in her review as well.

You are cruising in May- you should be able to book them online soon. Have you checked myNCL ?

Good to know the times may be the same. I will go back and take note of when the later shows were available! As far as myNCL goes, I don't see the comedy shows on there yet. I was just on there.. I booked Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor. But the comedy shows will eventually be available to book online? If that's the case, I will probably wait until then to book Le Bistro. Thank you for your help!

Many thanks for the flattering remarks. I do understand the frustration of having to wade through lots of comments to get to the next part of the review. Maybe someday, when I have time, I will edit all my reviews and post them in their entirety, uninterrupted.

Some might say that I should have written the entire review first, then posted it when finished. The trouble is that the task then seems overwhelming and it would be all-too-easy to give up. In fact you will notice that some contributors who write their reviews a bit-at-a-time give up part-way through. I don't want that to happen...

I also know some folk reading this review will be irritated that I ask for people to let me know if they are following; and in fact I have been openly criticised on these boards for this. The reason is simple; when you spend hours day-after-day, sat at home alone, writing and editing photos; a "following" comment is just what you need to remind you that people are actually reading what is posted and find it interesting enough to keep following... I do hope this explanation will at least partially assuage those with any such vexation...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Mega, for my two cents, I've enjoyed reading your review in sections, much like the old Saturday matinee serials. And I'm greatly impressed that you take the time to acknowledge each poster. Alba gu brach.

DiningBreakfastDay2menu-6901_zpsc5d8075f.jpg

DiningBreakfastDay2menu-7557_zps49146df0.jpg

Southern Golden Peach and Fresh Blueberry...

Dining%20Day%205%20Peach%20Blueberry-8043_zpsxxi4a58y.jpg

I liked the sound of this, but it was actually tinned peaches with a little ginger and cinnamon, garnished with eight blueberries (the clue was in the positioning of the word fresh...). Perfectly pleasant in a kind of childhood-memories sort of way; I just think the menu oversold it...

For an MDR omelette, this one was better than normal, even though it doesn't look great...

Dining%20Day%205%20Cheese%20Omelette-8261_zpsp84ev9y5.jpg

There is a bar inside the building near the viewing area, which is home to a parrot and exotic bird show, which really wasn’t something that interested me...

St%20Thomas%20parrot%20show-8103_zpsphcpapz9.jpg

Ready to descend...

St%20Thomas%20skyride%20top-8104_zps6c2kidp3.jpg

Choose your position in Gondola for best views...

St%20Thomas%20ships%20descending-8110_zpsiv5mbkcn.jpg

Kiosk at bottom; return ride is $22 - worth it once maybe... Ten minute walk back to ship...

St%20Thomas%20down%20skyride%20kiosk%20-8111_zpstisk8gha.jpg

I hope my comment earlier about it taking so long did not come off the wrong way. I too work and there are only so many hours in the day. Believe me, I understand. I meant it as a compliment that I love this review so much that I keep logging on to see if there is more. Believe me, what you do is very much appreciated. I will be sailing in just over a month and this has helped me tremendously.

Hello Mirrasi,

Sorry if you thought I was referring to you - not at all. Someone on a different board expressed an opinion to the effect that I was rather pathetic asking for feedback repeatedly. So I just wanted to explain my reasons...

I am delighted you are taking such an interest.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I have been editing photos for my Cagney's dinner review; the lighting in there is not great... Won't manage to post tonight but will do so tomorrow and give my short but frank opinion of Legally Blonde...

Good night all and thanks for the interest in my review.

Hello Mirrasi,

Sorry if you thought I was referring to you - not at all. Someone on a different board expressed an opinion to the effect that I was rather pathetic asking for feedback repeatedly. So I just wanted to explain my reasons...

I am delighted you are taking such an interest.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I am following your review also. I am learning so much what I want to do when I sail Getaway next January. Thank you for your hard work. As for posters in other threads: Cruise Critic is known for people hiding behind fake names (Like my name. lol Real name Ron) and being brave to attack others. Which is why I don't come by as often as I used to. Just for reviews of upcoming ships I will sail now. Heck, this post may be deleted! lol Thanks again.