FLL hotel

regardlessgirl

Oh that one could use a remodel. There are better places to stay for a similar price, but it's nothing like the Best Western Marina. There's nothing around it but fast food & a Denny's, it's just a block south of SE 17th Street but it's a rather long walk to the shops and all the restaurants around the other SE 17th Street hotels (mentioned above). If she's not used to lots of traffic noise tell her to request a room on the back (east) side as the west side is practically ON Federal Hwy.

Keep in mind that with Embassy Suites on most nights I believe you get 2 hours happy hour and cooked breakfast that has been great at the ones we have been to and it is included in your room price. (what a long sentence!)

Just a thought, but my advice is do whatever Trent S says! It appears he knows it all!!! That is definitely meant as a compliment! Just great!

And don't sweat this! You are GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all goes great and your cruise is wonderful!

:confused: ok so I am now rethinking amerisuites.. i have just 2 rooms reserved at 109 a night.

i the hilton garden inn fort lauderdale/hollywood airport thats on 180sw 18th ave dania beach, fl

any ideas ? or advice?

i am really confused

thats only 149 a night.

FYI - I was also responsible for booking many rooms for this same occassion (not your wedding, my brother's :) ), and I spoke with Amerisuites and they gave me a group rate of $65/room. It may be beneficial to actually talk with them.

Good luck ~!

Hey Trent, thanks for all the information. Another hotel information, El Palacio on Power Line Rd.

If not this one, than any suggestions for a very reasonable priced hotel with shuttle service from airport, and then to the pier? ( but not necessary, the price for taxi not bad.) We stayed at the Sheraton by the airport last year. Beautiful hotel, but didn't care for the food there and nothing else was close by to go and eat. We don't care where the hotel is, by the beach, downtown or airport, just in a nice area.

We need a one night stay for Jan. 7th. Seams like everything in Jan, is really high. Thanks for any information.

Yes, this winter/spring is much more expensive than it's been in past years, but I'd pass on that place... It's not a very nice area and a long way from everything.

If you're looking for a budget hotel I'd go with the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Or the Extended Stay America next door... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Or AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

Those are all in a nice, safe area, less than 10 minutes from FLL and just outside the entrance to Port Everglades, with many many shops, restaurants, grocery/drug/liquor stores within easy walking distance.

We have stayed at both - Embassy rooms are cleaner, breakfast is nicer, they have carts and bellman to help with luggage, free drinks.....

Amerisuites was noisy, had teens running around the halls half the night, farther to walk to grocery, liquor stores...

Embassy!

AmeriSuites is a couple blocks farther from a full-service liquor store than Embassy Suites, but it's about the same distance to Publix grocery store. Publix have moved into a new strip mall behind Embassy Suites, just across the street to the east from AmeriSuites.

Embassy Suites is definitely a much nicer hotel than AmeriSuites, but it's also a lot more expensive most of the time. If you're on a budget AmeriSuites, Holiday Inn Express, or Extended Stay America are fine... If you want a nicer, full service hotel then go with Embassy Suites, Renaissance, or Marina Marriott.

We just got a good rate on Amerisuites for Oct. 8th. We usually stay at Comfort inn but they are so expensive. Embassy suites is booked, so with our $74.00 rate for one night I think we will be fine. We are going with 3 couples and this room night was my job, so I hope we will be fine.

Looks like I've found the right place for Ft. Lauderdale experts. :) My DH & I are driving down from Tampa the night before our cruise. We'll be arriving Nov. 16th. We're pretty choosy with our hotel stays, but will be happy with clean. What we're looking for is a hotel that will allow us to park our van for the duration of our 9 night cruise. Of course, we would prefer complimentary parking, which would offset the cost of the overnight stay. :D Complimentary transportation to the port isn't really necessary. We would probably take a taxi anyway. I have read that Amerisuites offers this perk. Any others? Any suggestions for the cheapest site that we can book a nights stay at your recommended hotels (assuming we get recommendations ;) ) & still get the free parking? FYI, we won't be staying the night after our cruise. Thanks :)

AmeriSuites does offer complimentary parking and shuttles while on your cruise. It's reviews are mixed, it's generally fine for a night, the location is great and through the discount sites is almost always the cheapest SE 17th Street hotel. It's usually available through Priceline, Hotwire, or Valuetrips... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

There's a brand new Holiday Inn in Hollywood, just south of FLL, and along I-95 that I understand also offers free parking while on your cruise (check with them to make sure they still allow this)... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/fllas

There is another that will let you leave your car, but I don't recommend them because they're not in a very safe neighborhood.

The safest place for your car is in the covered parking garages at Port Everglades at $12 per day... Another parking option is Park 'n Fly, less expensive than at the port, and secure, but not covered... http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

I Found A Very Reasonable Rate At The La Quinta Airport.in Ffl. I Stay At This Chain When I Horse Show Out Of Town And Find Them To Be Very Comfortable. They Also Have A Great Breakfast In The Am. If You Are Looking For An Affordable,clean Place Check This One Out. It Is 3 Miles From The Airport And Has Lots Of Resturants Nearby. Gigi:)

Any comments on the Holiday Inn Express Air/Seaport? I've checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor & they were all good. It is just for 1 night pre-cruise, there will be 3 of us. I have read there isn't much around as far as food or shops but since we will have our car that won't be a problem. We just want somewhere clean, with a nice pool to relax & get in "vacation" mode!:D Since I can get it "free" with my Priority Club points it looked like a good deal, just wanted to double check with the experts.

Thanks,

Hi Patti!

I posted this question a few days ago & was lucky enough to get good advice (THANKS, Guys!) If I was clever enough, I would copy the link for you...but it should be back just a page or 2.

PLEASE let me know how you like the place when you get back as we are booked for 1 night on 12/2.

THANKS!

rocks

Trent S,

Any info on the Marriott's beach place towers? I have pre-booked for Oct 26th. Was having a hard time finding a hotel due to the boat show. Thanks!:)

Patti

It's in a great location right across from the beach and with many shops & restaurants within walking distance, but it's not a "normal" hotel. It's really a time share property. If you stay there make sure you get a high floor as the lower floors are quite noisy as there are many open air bars & restaurants at Beach Place, which is in front of, and attached to, the tower.

Also see this thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=229027

Any comments on the Holiday Inn Express Air/Seaport? I've checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor & they were all good. It is just for 1 night pre-cruise, there will be 3 of us. I have read there isn't much around as far as food or shops but since we will have our car that won't be a problem. We just want somewhere clean, with a nice pool to relax & get in "vacation" mode!:D Since I can get it "free" with my Priority Club points it looked like a good deal, just wanted to double check with the experts.

Thanks,

It's a new hotel, but not in a very nice neighborhood, not too safe to walk around in that area, but if you have a car and can drive to better areas to eat/shop it's probably fine. The Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street is in a far better location, but doesn't have a pool.

Does anyone know the hotels that overlook the pier so you could watch your cruise ship come in.

Thanks so much.

The best views are from south side of the Marina Marriott's tower... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLFL

Or from the south side of Hyatt Pier 66's tower... http://pier66.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Archived