Beach Hotel in LA After Cruise?

bzv143

Hi, there. I haven't stay in any hotels here but if you want to stay by the beach, there's a really ritzy one, Loew's Santa Monica Beach Hotel that's on Ocean Avenue. I've been inside for a Vegas Night about ten years ago put on by Microsoft (then I was working for a computer company). This hotel was also the host (not sure if still the case) for the American Film Market every year but in the spring. Not relevant but the areas I saw looked nice. Looking in the Triple-A book, I read that you can get an auto club discount. website: loewshotels.com.

I don't think I would want to stay in Venice. Kinda run down and high crime (gangs). Interesting place to sightsee, though.

There are 3 beautiful beach cities between Long Beach and the LAX airport--Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach. If I remember correctly, Manhattan Beach doesn't really have many beach front hotels--maybe one or 2 near the beach, but there are lots of motel-like places along the Pacific Coast Highway (or Sepulveda--PCH is called Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach). These motels are at least 10 blocks away from the beach.

The motels along Pacific Coast Highway in Redondo Beach is between 2-4 blocks away from the beach. There is a Best Western on PCH in Redondo Beach and a Palos Verdes Inn 2 blocks away along the Pacific Coast Highway. These properties are a long 3 blocks away (10-15 minutes walk from the beach) but the rooms go for less than $100/night. Also, there are plenty of restaurants and supermarkets (Trader Joe's is 10 minutes away walking) nearby.

But if you want to see the ocean from your hotel room, the Holiday Inn Crown Plaza in Redondo Beach might be a better deal. The beach is about 2 blocks away.

I would get a AAA book for the SouthBay area of Los Angeles and look at the hotels along the beach areas.

If you stay on any hotel/motel along Highway 1 (PCH or Sepulveda), you are only 10 minutes to 20 minutes from the LA airport on local road. For people living in the SouthBay beach cities, the only route to LAX is on Highway 1.

If you decide on a hotel in Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, or Redondo Beach, email me and I can give you a more detailed picture of the area of the hotel of your choice.

Jennifer (jtsaila@excite.com)

I'm not sure how much money you are prepared to spend when you said Boutique hotel, but in Downtown Manhattan Beach, there is a Sea View Inn At The Beach that is close to the beach. I haven't walked past it yet, but it looks like a brand new establishment from the photo I saw at some travel websites. I know there is another nice hotel in Downtown Manhattan Beach that I have walked by, but I don't remember the name. I'll ask my in-laws tomorrow. They live in Manhattan Beach.

Santa Monica beach and Venice Beach are north of LAX, so they are further away from the cruise ports.

My family stayed at the Inn at Venice Beach and really liked it. It's small and not very fancy, but the front desk and housekeeping staff were the friendliest I have ever encountered. www.innatvenicebeach.com

They are right next to the canals, a block from the beach, and just a few miles from the Santa Monica pier. 4 of us stayed there for about $100/night. I think parking was about $6/night, it is covered and adjacent to the hotel. They also served free breakfast in the courtyard area.

We rented a car from Hertz at LAX and returned it in Lomira. They gave us a ride to the port from the Hertz office.

We will definitely stay there again:D

Archived