Wonderful trip to Belize

lisasug

Just got back from 9 awesome days in San Pedro and Belize City. We did the cave tubing trip. Took a flight from San Pedro to Belize City ($24US) and then booked a tour to Jaguar Paw through BelizeNativeTours.com. Roberto is the owner and the best (hands down!) tour guide I've ever had. He really took the time to teach us about so many things in the rain forest. He is SO knowleadgable about it ALL. He knows the trail and the caves like the back of his hand and will tell you exactly where the low spots in the water are (and I quote.."butt up! butt up!). It was GREAT! He will answer any and all questions you can possibly come up with during the tours. He is very, very personable and seems to really enjoy what he is doing. He also took us on a Maya Ruins tour that was incredible. Again, his knowledge is priceless - I learned SO much from him. His contact number is 501-600-7171, or you can e-mail him at info@belizenativetours.com. Tell him that Lisa from Nashville sent you. : ) To answer your original question...I wore water shoes and just put a pair of shorts and tank top on over my suit, for the walk through the rain forest. Roberto had a dry bag and put my clothes in the bag just before we got on the tubes. Your suit will be wet when you get done so you might want to bring something along to change into (unmentionables!) before you put your shorts/shirt back on. They have bathrooms/changing rooms on site. I left my jewelry and watch in the van and it was fine - very safe there. VERY IMPORTANT - take bug spray! The mosquitoes were not bad at all throughout our stay in San Pedro, but when we got deeper into the rain forrest they swarmed us and the bug spray (100% deet) saved us! We also took a little snack to eat before we got on the tubes, and I'm glad we did - I was hungry after our hike through the forrest. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time!;)

Archived