Epic Cruise Cancellation Due to Dry Dock. What About My Flight?

Cruiser Bruiser

The 21st from Rome is still on

I wonder if they will just head to Rome and miss out the Sou-Bcn trip.

that just has 11th iberian 7n, and 2 trips(3n,7n) on the 18th disrupted

Port of Lisbon shows her in port on 21st Oct.

7.20 IT LA CORUNA CADIZ OREY COMERCIO NAVEGACAO,SA AIDA CRUISES

21-10-2015

09:00 21-10-2015

18:00 BOUDICCA 900 320 205.47 7.55 BS NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE ARRECIFE DE LANZAROTE BARWIL KNUDSEN - AG.NAVEGAÇÃO, LDA FRED OLSEN

21-10-2015

08:00 21-10-2015

17:00 NORWEGIAN EPIC 330.00 8.70 VIGO MALAGA JAMES RAWES NAVEGACAO LDA NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING/CRUZEIROS/PREVISAO_NAVIOS_CRUZEIRO

I wish they would get the website and itineraries updated online. I checked the Rome 10/21 and it isn't letting anyone book unless the UK site is different. They need their IT team working on getting this fixed ASAP.

I would just like to see my Iberian Peninsula itinerary reflected on my NCL page at this point.

NCL have replied to me that the extra week in dry dock is because they need more time to work on the engines. I recall a couple of recent delays were reported due to engine issues so glad it's getting sorted.

Oh come on, how important are the engines?! :-P Good to know Norwegian is taking the time to fix major items.

By the way, I should say that Norwegian did offer me limited compensation to offset airline change fees due to my original cruise being canceled. I just wanted to make sure that the answer to my original question was included in the thread. We all know how folks like to reply to posts with "someone already asked that question! :mad: :p" Now if someone searches for the question in advance, they will have an answer. ;)

Got chance to re check and they now are blocking bookings for the 21st Rome departure.

(US and UK)

they took their time.

Let's take this as an indication that the IT folks are working through all the issues involved with the cancellation. As soon as they load the new itinerary into my reservation, I will modify my airline reservation.

Hint... Hint... (NCL IT...) :p

My agent was able to send me the info she sees for my booking now. All was good except they show us arriving in Lisbon on the 21st and departing from Civitavecchia that same day. Now that would be an interesting port stop. ;) I agree Cruiser Bruiser - can't wait to be able to log into my NCL and just see the correct itinerary again. Hotels are all changed now for me thankfully.

My agent was able to send me the info she sees for my booking now. All was good except they show us arriving in Lisbon on the 21st and departing from Civitavecchia that same day. Now that would be an interesting port stop. ;) I agree Cruiser Bruiser - can't wait to be able to log into my NCL and just see the correct itinerary again. Hotels are all changed now for me thankfully.

I haven't changed anything yet. I am waiting until I see the changed itinerary on my NCL account.

I'm glad the transition is happening for you, and that it's going fairly smoothly. I've been doing lots of mock bookings for my new flight, and there seems to be plenty of availability. The flights are maybe even a little cheaper, so hopefully I'm just looking at the change fee, which should be less than the "up to" amount NCL said they would cover.

Well, in spite of the fact that NCL is taking forever to modify reservations and get itineraries posted on the website, I went ahead and modified my flight. As it turns out, using miles was a blessing. My new flight ultimately cost $0.40 more, but I got 10,000 miles back. And it cost nothing to change the reservation. What a huge relief.

That said, my outbound flight has a 6.5 hour layover in Los Angeles. I figure I will use the time to have drinks with my oldest friend, or I will try and arrange a trip to a local hotel to use the gym and spa. I'm also spending an extra night in Spain, so I just have to decide if that will be an extra night in Barcelona or Madrid.

Who knew there was an advantage to using miles? If you used miles to book your flight, you might make inquiries sooner rather than later. But, please NCL, get the itineraries updated!!

Any idea what the engine maintenance is all about? We are about to book on the Epic for September and I don't want to have issues since this is before the dry dock.

She's had a few minor propulsion issues recently. Nothing serious but sounds like they are going to replace something that will take 3 weeks rather than 2.

I'm booked in Sept and have no concerns. If anything it shows they want to get things right over $$ they'll lose cancelling the oct cruises.

• 5 months later...

Posting on both having found this one too so people searching may find it. NCL EPIC change -18th October 2015 departure from Southampton delayed to 19th October due to dry dock delay.

Just fired off an email to ours asking again. Trouble is ours is one of those packaged jobbies with hotel stay at the end. Except we are not doing the hotel stay and are flying back on the sunday.

I hope they don't try and repackage the NCL offer to suit them. It would be nice to think they are fighting to get us a better deal not them a bigger commission. Oooooh I am getting cynical in my older age.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised :)

Yvonne

Edited by HudandPug

. ... NCL insurance plan specifically indicates there is no coverage of any kind unless NCL books the flight. ... Thanks for sharing any experiences you have had. Cheers.

I am glad the new air worked out for you.

That air insurance problem is why I don't book insurance through the cruiseline but through third party insurance.

I add the airfare cost to the policy so that airfare is also protected. You might want to do that.

Edited by NMLady

This has been brought up here every time NCL cancels a cruise for a charter. It happens at least 6 months out, and I don't think I've read of NCL making up the airfare costs. I don't think most book airfare that far in advance.

We regularly book air 8-10 months out. Many times this is when the prices are the cheapest, at least in my experience.

Posting on both having found this one too so people searching may find it. NCL EPIC change -18th October 2015 departure from Southampton delayed to 19th October due to dry dock delay.

Just fired off an email to ours asking again. Trouble is ours is one of those packaged jobbies with hotel stay at the end. Except we are not doing the hotel stay and are flying back on the sunday.

I hope they don't try and repackage the NCL offer to suit them. It would be nice to think they are fighting to get us a better deal not them a bigger commission. Oooooh I am getting cynical in my older age.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised :)

Yvonne

I tried to rearrange the cruise after receiving the email about the delay, i requested to have my booking transferred to the Norwegian Escape, and yesterday (10/08) was told that Norwegian have put all cancel or transfer any bookings on the Epic sailing, so we are in limbo land. I think NCL are having a panic attack at the amount of guests jumping ship, come on Norwegian make your mind up!

Dave Jones:confused:

I tried to rearrange the cruise after receiving the email about the delay, i requested to have my booking transferred to the Norwegian Escape, and yesterday (10/08) was told that Norwegian have put all cancel or transfer any bookings on the Epic sailing, so we are in limbo land. I think NCL are having a panic attack at the amount of guests jumping ship, come on Norwegian make your mind up!

Dave Jones:confused:

Hi dave

are you on the roll call page because you have a valid point. How many are cancelling I wonder.

Yvonne:confused: