Marseille and the Hard Rock Cafe

sarar

I don't know the answer because I won't be there until June. I can tell you that for a lot of the places I am going I have been mapping it on Google maps. It's great because you can put the address right in and get directions. Using my GPS will cost too much so I've printed out several spots. Sorry I don't have the exact answer.

I can use google maps too, not sure where we dock though.

I just edited this. It's about 1.5 miles in Marseille the one below is for Barcelona.

It's about 3.5 miles. Have fun on your trip, I'll be right behind you.

Edited by Melozone

Thanks Melozone, I hope also to do a few other things while I am there, but I always visit HRC to collect the pins and being a part-time wheelchair user it is nice to get some idea of where I am heading. Thanks again and hope you also have a great cruise.

Thanks Melozone, I hope also to do a few other things while I am there, but I always visit HRC to collect the pins and being a part-time wheelchair user it is nice to get some idea of where I am heading. Thanks again and hope you also have a great cruise.

I also have walking difficulty so I totally understand. That's why I print my little maps for the shortest routes. I wish I could use my GPS there.

I think the HRC pins are a great souvenir idea!

"I wish I could use my GPS there."

I believe that you can use your GPS w/out incurring huge $$$$. I have been helping a friend plan a trip to Italy and using Google maps to get directions from their hotel to the different sightseeing destinations in Rome. It's fabulous because you can get walking or driving directions and print out if you wish. You can also save your maps so that you can access them offline when you don't have access to internet or don't want to pay data, etc. I am not saavy about this so others may be better able to give you more info. Rick Steeves has info on his website on this also. From what I have read if you save maps to use offline it will only save them for 30 days then you would have to re-load them again. You could use this feature within your 30 day window departure.

https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/navigate-european-roads

You can also google and get lots of info on how to use the offline feature, don't know which type phone you have. Hope this helps. So many times we have traveled abroad and I wish I had been able to use this feature. Next time I will be able to!

"I wish I could use my GPS there."

I believe that you can use your GPS w/out incurring huge $$$$. I have been helping a friend plan a trip to Italy and using Google maps to get directions from their hotel to the different sightseeing destinations in Rome. It's fabulous because you can get walking or driving directions and print out if you wish. You can also save your maps so that you can access them offline when you don't have access to internet or don't want to pay data, etc. I am not saavy about this so others may be better able to give you more info. Rick Steeves has info on his website on this also. From what I have read if you save maps to use offline it will only save them for 30 days then you would have to re-load them again. You could use this feature within your 30 day window departure.

https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/navigate-european-roads

You can also google and get lots of info on how to use the offline feature, don't know which type phone you have. Hope this helps. So many times we have traveled abroad and I wish I had been able to use this feature. Next time I will be able to!

I use an IPhone. My maps won't work at all without Data on. I wish it were not the case. I use it all the time in the US. I have mapped our apartment in Rome and then directions to all the places we want to go. I've got maps printed out. Lucky for us, almost everything is in walking distance. We have tours booked in all the cities we are visiting but we are staying for an extended time in both Rome and Venice.......and the girl's gotta eat:)

Thank you for all the suggestions!

Oh too bad! If you have your places mapped out and printed out you will be fine! Sometimes I think it's easier having a printed map in front of you vs trying to follow on your iphone. JMO....

I have been helping a friend plan 8 day trip to Rome and did the same thing. I gave her the walking distances from hotel to different sights and how long it would take then to get there. Doing this is so helpful, wish we had those options way back on our 1st trip to Rome. Didn't even travel w/ an iphone! lol

I have an AT&T Apple smart phone so when we are going to travel I go to our AT&T store and add international plan. It allows me to use 50 texts in the month's plan. I am able to text our gsons, families, etc. I try not to use data but have done so on a few occasions. Works out well and it's really cheap adding this plan.

Have a wonderful trip, love Rome and Venice!

One other suggestion for you for Rome - u indicated u had some walking difficulties. If you are still looking for something fun in Rome book a golf cart tour! I helped my friends w/ their itinerary and booked a golf cart tour for them. They have excellent reviews and look like fun bombing around Rome. I can give you name of company I booked for them if you are interested. You can do a 4 hr. tour if you like. I booked their tour beginning of arrival in Rome so they can get an idea of where the sights are located. One of the parties cannot walk very long distances so thought this would be a good alternative to lots of walking.

We spent five days in Rome two years ago and we took and Ape tour. It's one of those three wheeled car/cart thing. It was fun. It zipped in and out of places. We did it on our first day to get an over view. I'm going to book another one this time too.

On the phone issue, I have Sprint. I get the international plan but it's not great. The texting plan is not too bad once on the ship. I always buy the wifi package.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

You are welcome! Have a great cruise and vacation. I am so jealous and would run away right now. We live in New England (Boston area) and are knee deep (no higher) in snow, can't even move w/ all the snow. Getting ready for another one tomorrow night.

I try to avoid using the internet on ships unless there is free wifi. LOL That is why I buy the AT&T plan, much cheaper. Can always use an internet cafe when in ports.

You are welcome! Have a great cruise and vacation. I am so jealous and would run away right now. We live in New England (Boston area) and are knee deep (no higher) in snow, can't even move w/ all the snow. Getting ready for another one tomorrow night.

I try to avoid using the internet on ships unless there is free wifi. LOL That is why I buy the AT&T plan, much cheaper. Can always use an internet cafe when in ports.

Come to Florida, it's 82 today.