Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

Can we assume that passenger ships take priority over cargo ships - when the port opens?

Just wondering who will go first and does traffic entering the port go before ships leaving?

If this was an airport outbound waits for inbound - right?

A couple years back think it was CCL Inspiration we couldn't get back into Tampa for two days, because of a Hurricane. They said they won't do any wash, towels etc water low, and save milk which was low just for children. Anyway they took us to East coast.Port Everglades and bused us back like 20+buses.On the way back driver stopped for a rest stop, you couldn't get into any places Lucky we had some people who lived in Tampa as drive didn't know how to find Port Of Tampa

Latest update from the ship:

We have been given clearance to the top of the channel. Pilot will board us there and then we will make a decision on what the next step is from there. Port is still closed but we are getting closer.

We have priority to enter over other waiting ships.

Here is the captain:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45dp75txsxs4677/captain4.m4a?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another logistical thing that I can't remember seeing in this thread......Normally the last night you put 90% of your belongings outside your door........I trust this occurred here as well. I'm guessing nobody has 90% of their stuff unless they were the ones who were going to schlepp all their stuff off themselves.....

Soooooo.......did they allow people to get their stuff back? (including any meds in their suitcases.....which shouldn't be in there anyhow !)

Edited by SRQfireman

Latest update from the ship:

We have been given clearance to the top of the channel. Pilot will board us there and then we will make a decision on what the next step is from there. Port is still closed but we are getting closer.

We have priority to enter over other waiting ships.

Here is the captain:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45dp75txsxs4677/captain4.m4a?dl=0

For those of us sitting in Tampa your updates have been SO appreciated!

Right now we are getting more info from you than from Royal....:confused:

Thank you so much!!!!!

Here's another logistical thing that I can't remember seeing in this thread......Normally the last night you put 90% of your belongings outside your door........I trust this occurred here as well. I'm guessing nobody has 90% of their stuff unless they were the ones who were going to schlepp all their stuff off themselves.....

Soooooo.......did they allow people to get their stuff back? (including any meds in their suitcases.....which shouldn't be in there anyhow !)

Yes I shared this a few times already but RCCL was very accommodating in retrieving luggage for those who needed it. They have done all they can to accommodate us on this "extended" cruise.

Does anyone know when this situation would reach critical status? Meaning either they're running out of fuel or running out of food to maintain the ship or passengers? Or what if a passenger didn't pack enough extra meds, oxygen etc?I wonder how much extra of both they typically supply such a short cruise with.

They're 30 hours over schedule right now.

Yes I shared this a few times already but RCCL was very accommodating in retrieving luggage for those who needed it. They have done all they can to accommodate us on this "extended" cruise.

Thanks for the picture of Kirk H. More importantly, however, thank you so much for sharing the last 2 days with all of us. This has been so informative and interesting and I really appreciate it! It's good to hear you've been treated well and have managed to have a good time even though things aren't ideal.

Ah.....sorry......I read most of this thread, but obviously missed that part.

O.K.....I'm glad they're making provisions for getting stuff. (They'd get way too much crap if they didn't allow that)

Edited by SRQfireman

Lol!!! Go bucks. Even OSU and UM fans have to realize how crazy we all look to the outside world.

I know! :) I'm getting on this ship on Saturday, and I've been joking about getting Buckeye cooties. :eek:

It's all in good fun--and yes, we are probably crazy! That's what makes this rivalry so great.

I know! :) I'm getting on this ship on Saturday, and I've been joking about getting Buckeye cooties. :eek:

It's all in good fun--and yes, we are probably crazy! That's what makes this rivalry so great.

There is no "M" muster status but there is an "O". Contractual obligation of the charter I believe :)

For those of us sitting in Tampa your updates have been SO appreciated!

Right now we are getting more info from you than from Royal....:confused:

Thank you so much!!!!!

Glad I can help. Didn't plan on it and promised to unplug while away. It wasn't until they turned on the WiFi for all this became possible.

We stopped moving again and I don't know why, but hopefully we are at the point we just need to hold for the pilot to arrive.

Fog is picking back up a bit here.

Current view from deck 5.

47ae270b8aff192c5d424fd859a8f45b.jpg

Drove across the Skyway Bridge yesterday it was crazy. Coming from Bradenton to Tampa around 3 pm water was calm as glass but you could not see the top of bridge at all. Coming back from Tampa to Bradenton around 6 pm was worse when at top of bridge could barely see the car in front of you.

1186 days since The team up north last beat Ohio State. I think you need a little more than Harbaugh to turn the tide so to speak.

You mean we need some sort of crazy thing to happen, like Urban Meyer getting stuck on a cruise ship at sea????? I'm feeling pretty good about things. :)

I'm actually a Michigan and a UW alum, so the past few years have not been the greatest. I am glad that OSU won the national championship because I was sick of all the SEC talk. As for the Big 10 championship game, it was clear that UW's coach was already checked out and on the way to Oregon State. Whatever. OSU is a great team. That's why it will be that much sweeter when we start beating you again. :)

Edited by bluegirlum