Help me choose - Norwegian's new Escape vs Freedom of the Seas

jennymaxgirl

We are a family of four, kids ages 5 & 8. Looking to cruise in November 2015. I have narrowed it down to two cruises (I think). They have similar pricing for balcony staterooms so price is not an issue. I am more trying to decide which ship will be the nicest for us in terms of activities and also visually appealing. Also which one is just more enjoyable all around. Looking forward to your opinions.

The Escape will be new and it would only be its' 3rd week in operation. Sails from Fort Lauderdale to St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau.

The Freedom sails from Port Canaveral to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Cococay.

Which one should we choose? The Freedom has the nice open Royal Promenade, ice rink, etc; but the Escape will be brand new, has watersides, freestyle dining.

Does anyone know if you can go to the point of the ship on the front of the Escape? I like the observation deck on RCL ships.

Please provide any sort of opinions. Much appreciated. Cannot decide for the life of me!

Jennifer

I've never been on RCI, so I can't address the differences, but I am looking forward to the Escape. I just wanted to correct your post in case it affects your decision. NCL Escape sails out of Miami, not Fort Lauderdale.

I'm sure you will be happy with either decision. I hope to go on FreedomotSeas someday, as well.

I think the Escape looks awesome for kids of your kids ages! We decided on The Escape for our cruise in January couldn't pass up the kids sail free and UBP :). Good luck deciding if you still are! Happy cruising!