Do I need a PVP?

SmittyCo

It all depends on what you want. I do all of my research and cabin choice online and then I call my PVP to book. He handles all of my price drops through early saver and is available whenever I have a question. I have heard that some PVP call a lot, mine only calls me when I return from my cruise to make sure I had a good time.

I have my first carnival cruise coming up and when I was researching I signed up at carnival for email and what not, and a little bit later had an email from who is now my pvp. I have a pcc with Norwegian, basically the same thing and have booked my last few cruises with him.

I like having one. I get the same/or better deals as online and, even though I research and plan a lot on my own, if I have a question I can just send a quick email and have my question answered quickly. I also like knowing that I'll "deal" with the same person all the time and not just whoever randomly gets the call.

We are very experienced cruisers, so we don't need much help. We decide everything on our own - cruise line, ship, itinerary, date, cabin type, desired floor and cabin location, but then I call and book through our PVP.

When you book online, you can only see the small selection of the available cabins. A PVP can see all the available cabins. Location is important to us because DH has walking issues and we like a quiet location.

That's also very helpful when booking a B2B and wanting to stay in the same cabin.

My current PVP is great. When we had FCCs, he took care of applying them for us. I don't know how, but he sometimes finds better promotions than I've been able to see online. Last year there was a $160 OBC for shore excursions booking offer. I was going to book that, but our PVP found a $200 OBC (for any expenses, not just shore excursions) for our sailing.

However, not all PVPs are good. My PVP only calls once in a while. I once asked him if he can see every time I'm searching on the Carnival site. He said he does and they are supposed to call every time but he doesn't do that because he doesn't want to be annoying, I told him I appreciated that and reassured him I'd always book through him for Carnival cruises.

Edited by D4