Back from our Aug 21 VOS cruise

shoshshe13

We had a great time, I heard acouple people passed out in line waiting to board the ship, We went to horseshoe bay the first day (This beach is so beautiful especially the cove to the left nobody walks over there and it is the most beautiful part on that beach), Hamilton by ferry that night (everything was closed by 9pm) was dissapointed. The second day we went on the Bremuda Triangle snorkle tour. I would difffently recommend. We went to the snorkle park until it was time for the ship to depart. I must say I love Bermuda, But this was my first cruise with RCCL and I was not impressed. I enjoyed by NCL Dawn and Carnival Glory much more. I felt like RCCL really nickled and dime you. If they offer you peanuts out the bar and you say yes, they will charge you $2.00. I just felt they really lacked personal service. The boat was very crowded and they seemed to herd everyone to the same places at the same time. I felt like I was in line the whole cruise. The chocolate buffet was their first one, and it was beautiful so organized for the picture taking, but when they opened they herded everyone in the same door that you had to leave threw. It was crazy. I got there 2 minutes after it opened and they ran out of so much. People were rude piling the food as high as they could. My husband is a big coffee drinker there was only one place at night to get coffee. (cafe) We order room service and they were always 1-2 hours late. When they brought our coffee they gave you no cream.(even thought it was checked on our menu) Leaving was a breeze no problem at alll

Overall I would not book another RCCL cruise unless it was really reallly a good price.

Oh, I would totally disagree with this scenario. I have sailed Royal Caribbean 9 times now and feel that this cruise line far exceeds all others. Going in, I knew a five-day cruise would offer a little less superiority as shorter cruises. You will definitely find better dining room personnel on the longer cruises. However, you wouldn't know the difference here. I did have the advantage of being to Bermuda before, so I knew the ins-and-outs of the timelines of this island and good places to go. The Voyager Ship and amenities onboard are superb. My room service on all five days arrived actually a bit earlier than asked for. My suite was superb with actually no nickel-and-dime signs. I received complimentary wine, cheese platter, chocolate covered strawberries, and cookies (something each day). I would say you'd get those free peanuts on probably a Carnival ship, but you'll also get a less class of crew members and passengers - as Carnival is pretty much dirt cheap. I am an avid coffee drinker and didn't have a problem. I either got my coffee from the bar service, promenade cafe, or windjammer cafe throughout the day and night. The food on this cruise line far outweighs all others that I've been on. I would say, in a nutshell, you get what you pay for. If you're interested in just a party boat atmosphere with so-so service and food, go for the Carnival type of cruise line. If you're looking to be pampered and taken care of with exquisite food, RCCL is the only way to go. Best wishes to you all in all of your vacationing endeavors.:)

Archived