First time on NCL - Water/Soda question

shooky

First time on NCL and going on the Gem friday. I did a search and came up with very old post so in case the policy had change here is my question.

Can i put water/soda in my luggage or is it better in carry on. On older post i did read that some people put luggage tag on water case so it can be delivered to cabine. Is NCL still do that?

Thank you in advance for your respond.

Since Gem sails out of NY you can give it to the porters........we take a case of water, use duck tape to make a handle for the porters and stick a luggage tag on it. I have done it a few times now out of NY including the GEM with no problems....it was always delivered along with our luggage

First time on NCL and going on the Gem friday. I did a search and came up with very old post so in case the policy had change here is my question.

Can i put water/soda in my luggage or is it better in carry on. On older post i did read that some people put luggage tag on water case so it can be delivered to cabine. Is NCL still do that?

Thank you in advance for your respond.

i usually bring water and soda.. sometimes when i send it with the porters, a couple of soda cans end up popped and makes a small mess that i need to wash off (nothing else goes in the bag for sure).. in those cases i usually take a cardboard box if not a suitcase and throw a luggage tag on it..

other times i have used a folding cart, something like this:

http://www.meritline.com/3-way-portable-luggage-cart---p-75751.aspx

and just walk it on myself so i don't have deal with it.. then at the end of the cruise, since it folds, i just pack it in my suitcase so i don't need to bother walking it back off..

Edited by jbiz