Question about dinner for the newlyweds

thehams

My fiance and I will be taking the Navigator on RCCL this September for our Honeymoon. It will be my 3rd cruise and DF's 1st. I'm wondering if we should dine with other cruisers in the main dining room or get a table for just ourselves.

On my previous cruises, I sat at a table with others and it was a lot of fun, but since we will be on our honeymoon, we will probably want to do some of the specialty restaurants and maybe even decide to "Stay in" for dinner and get room service. So with that said, I'm thinking maybe a table for 2 in the main dining room would be better, since we will miss a few nights?

What will you all be doing?

We will be spending a few nights out of the main dining area for the same reasons. We did decide to go ahead and get a regular table with other people. We have made a few very good friends during cruises and it's always nice to see a familiar face down the hall. I think anyone who you sit with will understand if you will be gone for a few nights.

Overall though, I think it's going to be your preference. If you really want to have more intimate one on one dinners then a table for 2 may just be the way to go.

We sat with others and really enjoyed it. We did eat at specialty restaurant one night and hit other dining options a couple nights. I think we ate in the main dining room only 3 out of the 7 nights. It really depends on the atmosphere you want. It can be a lot of fun to socialize with others though.

We are thinking of doing this as well but we will have 22 guests and all your time dining. *fingers crossed* they can accomodate.

I'm not sure how many sailing guests we'll have yet. I think we have around 10 people who are for sure going so far. I was wondering what the table accommodations were as well.

...Maybe if I ever get that welcome call from the TWE I can ask! Hopefully I'll think of it when she does call.