The Official Paradise Fog Delay Thread

Bodero

Following the tremendous success of the Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas fog thread, I think it's time we start one for the Carnival Paradise!

Weather conditions in Tampa tonight and through tomorrow morning are similar to what they've been all week, causing massive delays for ships out to sea. The Brilliance was forced to delay its return to Tampa by a day and a half, canceling the next cruise.

Will the Paradise suffer the same fate? As I sit here in Channelside, I have great visibility to the port. The Brilliance still sits in Terminal 3, and I can see all the way to Davis Islands and beyond. But, out to sea and around the Skyway it may be a different story. The difference tonight, though, is that we had stronger winds than we did when the fog simply sat over us, suffocating us without visibility.

One other exception was that, despite the unprecedented full closure of the port, the USCG made an exception to the closure and guided the Brilliance in to port while leaving the rest of the cargo ships at sea beyond the Skyway bridge.

Any takers on the Paradise Delay, do you guys think it comes back right on time, or do you guys think it'll merely be a delay until the afternoon?

Is your life really that boring???

HAHAHAHA, what a great response!

To the OP, POT doesn't really like taking any chances and I'm surprised they brought the RC ship in as it was still really foggy. I feel bad for all the people who flew in for a cruise to have it cancelled but it's one of the issues Tampa has from Novemeber-March. Another reason to move the port somewhere west of the bridge. I was delayed on the pride in early December but only by 4 hours and I saw all the people scrambling to change flights and incuring those fees. Even with trip insurance they still have to pay and file a claim which still can cost the upwards of $250 for the deductible. I'm not following this at all and only knew about the RC ship being delayed because it was a top story on the local news. I do empathize with all those who are delayed though, as nice as it sounds getting an extra couple of hours on the ship it's not easy because you have to walk around with your luggage and are not allowed in your room after like 08:30 because it's still a debarkation day.

Have fun following this thrilling story though and please, I'm begging you, keep us informed with any breaking news. We need a good Bob Woodruff type investigative reporter here on the Carnival section of the CC forums keeping us up to date about the fog issue in Tampa! That way we won't have to find out what Steve Jerve the Chief Meteorologist is saying from over at the News Channel 8 Weather Team!