Brilliance of the Seas - 16 April 2015 - Just booked, Whatcha wanna Know

Basman

We just booked this cruise earlier this week and are excited to go. There are going to be a total of 6 of us going, 3 couples. There will be me and my girlfriend, my US BIL/SIL and German BIL/SIL. We are celebrating Paul and Rowena coming to the States from Germany. Originally we were looking to take the Enchantment out of Port Canaveral, but I told them I wanted to see if there was a Radiance class ship going out of Tampa. Fortunately there was and am looking forward to it.

I am currently an Emerald Status and need 4 points to make Diamond. This is something I wanted to achieve before taking the Oasis or Allure next. Probably wouldn't have mattered that much, but at least I'll achieve that now. When we were looking at the Enchantment, I was leaning towards the 4 day cruise, but since it wasn't over the weekend, it was taking up more of everyone's vacation time. Since I didn't want to be one point short, I was going to book a junior suite to get double points, but I digress.

Since there are 3 couples, we were going to book the rooms right next to each other. While trying to watch our budget, we were going to book inside cabins. However, this will be my girlfriend's first cruise and I wanted to make it special for her, I upgraded to a balcony cabin. After jumping around a bit, I saw 9654 was open and after researching it, got it tonight. Needless to say we are all over the ship, one cabin is on deck 4 and the other deck 7 forward. Looks like we will be doing some walking and climbing.

Wanted to ask if anyone has Cruise Compasses from any recent 4 day Brilliance cruise to Cozumel? Likewise while I'm on the ship, what would you like me to check out? I'll try to post while on board, can't say I'll be as thorough as Gambee but will see what I can do.

Getting a little late, let me know what you'd like to know more of while on the Brilliance.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe I have them. It's as close to the cruise I'm taking, so I saved them. (Mine is 5 day with a port in Costa Maya.) I'll have to look into creating a photobucket account to get them posted.

Edited by loopner
add

Loopner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload these Cruise Compasses. They came out very well and are extremely helpful, plus I don't have to turn my neck to the side or rotate my laptop into a Portrait mode.

I am going to be sending this link to my BILs/SIL sin Orlando and Germany too. It will help them very much to get oriented with the ship and what to expect.

BTW my B/SIL (Orlando) just got his room upgraded from an inside to a balcony for $40, and this is their second cruise. Just wanted to mention when Royal does things that pleasantly surprise their guests. Too many times we hear about when people are disappointed and it creates doubts about the line. So thanks to them for that!!!

Thanks again Loopner, we will be pouring over your Compasses.

Your quite welcome. I can't take the credit for them though - I haven't been on my first cruise yet. (I will take credit for making sure they're all right side up.)

I can't wait to hear your review!! I don't sail until November, so I'll be living vicariously through you.

Thought you might want to see some menus too ....

I've saved these from other folks postings.

Brilliance Formal Night Menu

Menu-Brilliance%20formal%20night.jpg

Brilliance Formal Night Menu Desserts

Menu-Brilliance%20formal%20night%20dessert.jpg

Brilliance Main Dining Room 1st Night

Menu-MDR%20first%20night.jpg

Brilliance Room Service Menu

Menu-RoomServiceBreakfast.jpg