Questions on reserving shows - EPIC

gcardona77

Hi.

I have a question about booking shows (complimentary ones) ahead of time. I called NCL to ask them if it was necessary to reserve the shows, and they said no. They basically said that it was there so that guests can include them in their plans, but that shows were on a first come, first serve basis. Then I read on some blogs and forum posts that you needed to reserve, but this was on other ships. I haven't seen anything on the Epic. Can someone who has sailed on the Epic recently tell me whether we need to reserve ahead of time? Does it make a difference?

Thanks!

Hi.

I have a question about booking shows (complimentary ones) ahead of time. I called NCL to ask them if it was necessary to reserve the shows, and they said no. They basically said that it was there so that guests can include them in their plans, but that shows were on a first come, first serve basis. Then I read on some blogs and forum posts that you needed to reserve, but this was on other ships. I haven't seen anything on the Epic. Can someone who has sailed on the Epic recently tell me whether we need to reserve ahead of time? Does it make a difference?

Thanks!

On all the big ships you need a reservation if you want to guarentee a seat at that show. If you have a reservation then they let you in and then seats are first come first serve. If you do not have a reservation there is usually a stand by section for you to wait. About 10 minutes before the show they let those in stand by in bases on how many seats are avaialble.

If you go onto myncl when you are less than 90 days out then you can see all the shows where reservations are available. This includes the ones in the theatre, Cirque and possibly some shows in other venues.

I would recommend making reservations for anything that you are keen to see.

We sailed the Epic for the second time in January and did not reserve shows (Blue Man Group, Legends, Second City) before leaving home. We'd sailed the Epic a couple years back and didn't reserve then, so thought we'd be okay not reserving for our January sailing. Kicked ourselves for not doing it in advance! We tried to reserve on the ship, but everything was booked. We still ended up getting in, but ended up waiting on standby.

My advice is to reserve shows before you leave, then onboard, if you miss a show or your plans change, go to the box office and re-reserve. Our friends did that for BMG on our January sailing and had no problems changing their show date and time.

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...
When you book online do you get the option to select your seat numbers in the show, or request aisle seats for example?

No, booking only gives you the guarantee to go to the show. Seats are first come first serve. Most line up 30 minutes prior to get the best sets in the house.

No, booking only gives you the guarantee to go to the show. Seats are first come first serve. Most line up 30 minutes prior to get the best sets in the house.

Thanks for the information :)