Allure or Anthem Transatlantic October 2015?

mtm103

Hi all

I was set on booking the Anthem tomorrow for their 8 night to NY transatlantic from Soton (my, OH and 4 year old), as apparently a promotion in UK runs out on 2 March, however I am now wondering if should consider the Allure (12 nights from Barcelona) as I think it might be warmer (although not sure) my pro/cons are

ANTHEM

PRO - New ship, I like the dynamic dining idea, 8 nights, and end up in NY at the end, also they still have family suites available

CON - Colder? Allure may be better for our son?

ALLURE

PRO - I know exactly what I am getting, may reviews, possibly warmer, 12 nights..

CONS - Will it be as good as the new Anthem? Need to get to Barcelona, coming back to UK from FLL (with Virgin) is a bit of a hassle

Any help you could provide is much appreciated.

If you want to ensure a warm swimming pool area, then I'd go with Anthem. Anthem has enclosed pool areas. Allure has Solarium that is covered by glass, but there are spaces between the glass panels, so it's not climate controlled.

We sailed on Oasis for her Westbound transatlantic and I really couldn't recommend it. We didn't have great weather, meaning the pool decks were only really in use for three or four days. As the cruise director kept saying in response to the numerous complaints about overcrowding at events and shows - Oasis is a large ship made of small venues. Unfortunately when the outside decks are taken out of the equation the ship can feel incredibly crowded. Eg at some of the karaoke sessions people showed up 90 minutes early and still didn't get seats. Embarkation and disembarkation were also a nightmare - it took us almost 5 hours to get off the ship and we had to queue in a crush in Southampton for hours for embarkation also. If you search I'm sure you'll find plenty of posts about it, there were a lot of disgruntled passengers

Did the TA on liberty from barc to fl last oct. It was warm all cruise never needed a jacket myself and the pools were being used comfortably almost every day. I hear the TAs from the uk are much cooler but I'm sure it can vary. The itinerary looks way better on the allure TA.

Hi all

I was set on booking the Anthem tomorrow for their 8 night to NY transatlantic from Soton (my, OH and 4 year old), as apparently a promotion in UK runs out on 2 March, however I am now wondering if should consider the Allure (12 nights from Barcelona) as I think it might be warmer (although not sure) my pro/cons are

ANTHEM

PRO - New ship, I like the dynamic dining idea, 8 nights, and end up in NY at the end, also they still have family suites available

CON - Colder? Allure may be better for our son?

ALLURE

PRO - I know exactly what I am getting, may reviews, possibly warmer, 12 nights..

CONS - Will it be as good as the new Anthem? Need to get to Barcelona, coming back to UK from FLL (with Virgin) is a bit of a hassle

Any help you could provide is much appreciated.

We did the Quantum transatlantic last November. There's plenty to do indoors if the weather is not so good. The seaplex is a huge indoor complex with bumper cars, circus school, x box stations, arcade games. The solarium is indoors so you can use the pools and hot tubs in comfort.

We had mixed weather but there were a couple of days when it was warm enough to sit on deck and sunbathe which I did not expect in November but we did sail past the Azores so the weather was pleasant in this area.

I'm sure either ship will be great for your family but the Anthem with the dynamic dining,I fly and the unique North Star would be a great choice. Of course the Allure is also an amazing ship with so much to offer as well but it is more geared towards warmer weather cruising.