Cabin Coffee!

Karaoke_Nadine

You can get a continental breakfast delivered for free after 6 am. So I think you could just get coffee. There is a card in the cabin that you fill in and I think you put it on your door handle. Never did it so not 100% sure. MSC states that tipping is not recommended for services above the prepaid gratuities.

You can get a continental breakfast delivered for free after 6 am. So I think you could just get coffee. There is a card in the cabin that you fill in and I think you put it on your door handle. Never did it so not 100% sure. MSC states that tipping is not recommended for services above the prepaid gratuities.

Of course you need not tip extra but it is something I always do.

I am privledged to be the one on the receiving end of the service.

I also tip about 30% on restaurant bills at home. I am far from wealthy in monetary terms but am in other ways. An extra few dollars here & there will not break me & it makes me feel good !

It now depends on the experience you're booked on. If it's Bella, then no you won't be able to get coffee delivered in the morning at any price. Under the other experiences you can. Just fill out the card and hang it on your door by 2am. It doesn't cost extra.

I've never tipped extra for this service but then I'm not American and don't follow the US tipping customs. MSC themselves say that no extra gipping is required. I see it, rightly or wrongly as covered by the daily service charge

It now depends on the experience you're booked on. If it's Bella, then no you won't be able to get coffee delivered in the morning at any price. Under the other experiences you can. Just fill out the card and hang it on your door by 2am. It doesn't cost extra.

I've never tipped extra for this service but then I'm not American and don't follow the US tipping customs. MSC themselves say that no extra gipping is required. I see it, rightly or wrongly as covered by the daily service charge

I guess I should've given more information. We are cruising the Caribbean (next month) on Divina....the Bella experience...(we are on deck 9 handicapped balcony). Looks like I will be trekking it upstairs to fetch my own coffee right? Ugggg! I enjoy tipping with my fancy $2 American bills. I already went to my bank and picked up a bunch.

Thanks for the info!!!

I guess I should've given more information. We are cruising the Caribbean (next month) on Divina....the Bella experience...(we are on deck 9 handicapped balcony). Looks like I will be trekking it upstairs to fetch my own coffee right? Ugggg! I enjoy tipping with my fancy $2 American bills. I already went to my bank and picked up a bunch.

Thanks for the info!!!

Yes that's right, Bella has no room service at any time. Hopefully you won't have to far to traipse to get to the buffet.

Thanks for the info!!!

Nadine - When did you book your cruise? If you booked before September 23, 2014 you will get the Fantastica Experience excluding the promotional beverage package. This is when the tiers went into effect. If you book prior to Sept. 23rd you will get free room service. Hope this helps. Otherwise, I believe there is a room service charge.

Nadine - When did you book your cruise? If you booked before September 23, 2014 you will get the Fantastica Experience excluding the promotional beverage package. This is when the tiers went into effect. If you book prior to Sept. 23rd you will get free room service. Hope this helps. Otherwise, I believe there is a room service charge.

OK...you're not going to believe this but we booked our cabin in August. Then on Sept. 22nd we requested a handicapped cabin. We were on a 24 hr hold....then...On Sept. 24th, we got approved for the handicapped cabin. Our booking confirmation for the new cabin was Sept. 24th as well. Hmmm...I'm wondering if we fall into the category of Fantastica??? I will definitely look into this with our TA. Thanks for the great info.

We are sailing on April 4th Divina to Caribbean. I just found out that we ARE included in the Fantastica experience. YES! This makes me happy. I can order breakfast as well. Thanks so much for the info!

Nadine - Glad things worked out for you! I'll be getting off as you are getting on! Have a wonderful cruise!

Awesome! If ay have any extra drink vouchers, hide them in my room please!!! LOL!

Nadine - Funny, you should say that regarding hiding extra drink voucher. Several years ago a gentleman told me about a great cabin to book which I did. Well, it turned out he was cruising in the same cabin the week prior to me. He told me he would hide a note behind the picture in the cabin. Well, sure enough he left me a note with a voucher for a free drink on him and his wife! How nice was that!!! I will never forget that from a total stranger!!

Nadine - Funny, you should say that regarding hiding extra drink voucher. Several years ago a gentleman told me about a great cabin to book which I did. Well, it turned out he was cruising in the same cabin the week prior to me. He told me he would hide a note behind the picture in the cabin. Well, sure enough he left me a note with a voucher for a free drink on him and his wife! How nice was that!!! I will never forget that from a total stranger!!

Haaaa! I'm not kdding...PAY IT FORWARD! I'll be in cabin 9211.

I'm sure you probably have a drink package and don't have any vouchers but if ya see one on the ground someone lost.....save it for me. Whoo Hoo!

Haaaa! I'm not kdding...PAY IT FORWARD! I'll be in cabin 9211.

I'm sure you probably have a drink package and don't have any vouchers but if ya see one on the ground someone lost.....save it for me. Whoo Hoo!

Nadine - Sorry - You cannot transfer the drink vouchers. They ask for your cruise card along with the drink voucher - I guess they charge you for the cocktail then credit your account. The other cruise was not an MSC line! After the winter we had I will use every drink voucher that I buy and then some!!! Enjoy your cruise!

Nadine - Sorry - You cannot transfer the drink vouchers. They ask for your cruise card along with the drink voucher - I guess they charge you for the cocktail then credit your account. The other cruise was not an MSC line! After the winter we had I will use every drink voucher that I buy and then some!!! Enjoy your cruise!

Ya I hear ya....I'll be using all of my vouchers as well....plus what I'm smuggling in. LOL!