Gift cards are on Verizon RIGHT NOW!

xan51090

With Verizon they are earned automatically. Some CC's, such as Citibank, offer the same thing with their rewards programs.

Ray:

This from CitiCards:

"

Carnival Cruise Lines® Gift Certificate

Carnival Cruise Lines® "Fun Ships®" visit a wide array of exciting destinations featuring hundreds of shore excursion opportunities. Guests can snorkel or scuba dive in the crystal clear waters of locales such as Cozumel and Grand Cayman or explore more adventurous alternatives like cave tubing in Belize, or kayaking and white water rafting in Alaska. Carnival's 24 ships operate voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Panama Canal, New England, Pacific Islands, New Zealand, Canada and Europe. Restrictions apply. Please read the full terms and conditions. Gift Certificates can only be accepted for new bookings. Gift certificates cannot be used for existing reservations, through a Travel Agent, on-board purchases, amenities, or excursions."

I'm confused... Many are saying that they can use Carnival Gift Cards as a OBC when you get on the ship? But in the fine print: "Gift certificates cannot be used for existing reservations, through a Travel Agent, on-board purchases, amenities, or excursions."...... Why wouldn't I be able to use on a already booked cruise? Thank you.....

Those are certificates, not cards. Very different rules. Cards can be used toward an existing booking, for onboard account, among other things

Thank you, mishka ...... So what I can do is use my Citi points on gift cards to somewhere like Lowe's.... and then use those gift cards to buy Carnival gift cards .... ;)

Edited by LadyinRedkp

I chose the eCertificate option both for previous cruise and today. YES, you may use the eCertificate either to pay (or book) a cruise OR apply to sign and sail card. I applied some earlier this month to our sign and sail account. Here, directly from the certificate I received:

Carnival Gift Cards can be used on almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Redemption Instructions:

To redeem towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, call 1-800-Carnival or book online at http://www.carnival.com.

To redeem towards activities/shore excursions or onboard gifts, drinks and fun, print and bring this e-card to the Guest Services Desk on board your cruise ship so it can be credited towards your Sail & Sign account.

Edited by Swampbaby

Again, that says "card" not "certificate". Two different things.

Looking again, it also states more delivery options available. I chose the email delivery and received eCertificates.

Carnival Cruise Gift Card $100 (More Delivery Options Available)

Retail Price:$100.00Points:–1,000You Pay: $90.00

(10% Savings)

See Details

Edited by Swampbaby

Can verizon be used for deposit and or payment for cruise? I will probably be booking a cruise within final payment date and have to pay for whole cruise then. Also, does email come immediately?

Yes and Yes. Well, the eCertificatres purchased through Verizon. :)

Edited by Swampbaby

Can verizon be used for deposit and or payment for cruise? I will probably be booking a cruise within final payment date and have to pay for whole cruise then. Also, does email come immediately?

You can use the e cards for a deposit on a new cruise, making a payment, paying off your cruise balance, or applying it to your Sail and Sign account once on board. The emails for the E gift cards from Verizon came immediately and I turned around and paid off my cruise on Carnival.com all within 5 minutes.

Thanks to the OP. I've been waiting for these to be available again. Just bought $1200 worth of e gift cards (2 - $500 and 2 - $100.)

Great way to save $120.

Looking again, it also states more delivery options available. I chose the email delivery and received eCertificates.

Carnival Cruise Gift Card $100 (More Delivery Options Available)

Retail Price:$100.00Points:–1,000You Pay: $90.00

(10% Savings)

See Details

Those are eGift Cards. They can be used for both new and prior bookings, excursions, sail&sign, ect.

The certificates are something totally different and can only be used for new bookings.

Thannks againg to the OP for posting this today, I have been checking for months.