Number of Platinum/ Diamond

texast518

That's amazing, nearly half the ship. Regular lines were probably shorter than priority/vip line. Tom

Surprisingly, it really wasn't bad.

Only tender port was Cayman. Not many people were getting off at 8am when arrived. Got right on the tender with everyone else. I think most people stayed on the ship.

The guest service line was made into 2 lines for platinum/diamond guest. Never had to wait.

Disembarking was very quiet. No lines at all. This was because of the 3200 pax, approximately 900 were staying on board for the back to back.

It really was a great cruise with a lot long time cruisers.

Met several blue card newbies who were loyal RCCL or Princess cruisers. They decided to try Carnival because of the itinerary and cheap price. Several said they were definitely booking Carnival again because of the value. They booked another cruise while on board.

I overheard the Galveston workers mention the number of VIPs. When they called for priority embarkation, more than half the terminal got into line.

Saw one gentlemen get quite upset that so many people were boarding before him. That's when the agents told him he would need to wait behind the 1100 people. Funny, cause the next question the passenger asked was "well how do I get to be one of the priority people".

I overheard the Galveston workers mention the number of VIPs. When they called for priority embarkation, more than half the terminal got into line.

Saw one gentlemen get quite upset that so many people were boarding before him. That's when the agents told him he would need to wait behind the 1100 people. Funny, cause the next question the passenger asked was "well how do I get to be one of the priority people".

I have a friend who is a Carnival agent in the Galveston terminal. She said it was crazy with so many Platinum/Diamond guests. She also said that they knew well in advance that they had many Platinum/Diamond guests!

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I have a friend who is a Carnival agent in the Galveston terminal. She said it was crazy with so many Platinum/Diamond guests. She said they knew well in advance that they had many Platinum/Diamond guests!

Tell her/him that they did a wonderful job. Even with 1100 VIPs, the line went very quickly. Most of us skipped the pics which is usually what holds up the line.

Just curious, why so many on this cruise? I don't see that many platinum/diamond on most??

Several reasons...

1. It was 11 days. The average age was 60 plus, which meant most we're retirees. Thus, many were highly experienced cruisers. There were 75 diamond guests on this cruise.

2. This itinerary was something completely new. The platinums/diamonds are tired of the same old cruises.

3. Heard there was offers for platinums/diamonds.

Edited by gone_cruisin

I'm just off the Triumph 11 day cruise also. It was amazing and so relaxing.

I believe they had 2 or 3 past guest parties because there were so many people.

Edited by prbmami

Nice that they are doing different and longer cruises in stead of same old same old all the time

The Sunshine cruise we are taking next year has an excellent, IMO, 13 day itinerary that sails all the way to Trinidad/Tobago. The different itinerary is the reason we booked this cruise :) . Hope Carnival continues with different Ports of Call instead of the same itineraries of the past. Many of us are Platinum on this cruise so far.

Edited by islandatsea

My guess would be a lot! On a recent 12 day Freedom, guest services said there were over 700 on board.

DH and I were on the Freedom reposition cruise and also heard there were 700+ Platinum and almost 100 Diamond. We were part of the first group on and never experienced lines when going to Guest Services. Was a great cruise!

That's great to hear! I would be concerned that with so many VIP's on board at once, all you would hear about was chair hogs, smoking, cut backs, bottles of water, losing a $7 drink...

We didn't lose our 7 dollar drink, just the red and gold cards lost it

That's great to hear! I would be concerned that with so many VIP's on board at once, all you would hear about was chair hogs, smoking, cut backs, bottles of water, losing a $7 drink, flat iron steaks, playlist, relaxed dress codes, loud DJ music, dancers in skimpy outfits, no sample crap in the bathroom, kids, tiny shrimp, lack of steel drums, lack of Carnival "stuff" for CC Meet and Greets, line cutters, hot rooms, no ice in the cabins, comedians using adult language, and having to sit with ordinary people at dinner. Glad it wasn't that way! Obviously the VIPS on the cruise weren't CC members.

All said in jest and with the hopes that some will let the little things go and just get back to having fun. :)

Actually many of us from CC met with each other. Very little complaining. We did share stories of horrible table mates during one dinner.

I think everyone was just shocked at exactly how many VIPs there were and with the majority of people in the same age group, it made for a great cruise.

Many new friendships were made that week.

We're looking at booking another one of these long cruises in December.

Edited by gone_cruisin