Need advice....

emt6121

I have to call carnival tonight but until then here is my situation...

We recently booked early saver for 3 rooms for January 2016. 1.) Aft extended balcony for 3, 2.) premium vista balcony for 2 and 3.) premium balcony for 3 in a quad room..My daughter, her bf and my granddaughter are booked in the premium quad balcony. I am quite sure my daughter will end up not going, therefore, that will screw my granddaughter (excuse my language). I know to make any changes to our rooms we have to pay but I need to know if we have any options. We would like to change the premium vista balcony to a 3 person room to include my g-daughter but unsure if we can do that since she is already booked in another room?

I have to call carnival tonight but until then here is my situation...

We recently booked early saver for 3 rooms for January 2016. 1.) Aft extended balcony for 3, 2.) premium vista balcony for 2 and 3.) premium balcony for 3 in a quad room..My daughter, her bf and my granddaughter are booked in the premium quad balcony. I am quite sure my daughter will end up not going, therefore, that will screw my granddaughter (excuse my language). I know to make any changes to our rooms we have to pay but I need to know if we have any options. We would like to change the premium vista balcony to a 3 person room to include my g-daughter but unsure if we can do that since she is already booked in another room?

My bet is you lose the deposit for the two adults in that cabin and then for $50 they will add her as an additional passenger to your cabin.

I think you are going to end up taking more than a few hits. Any changing of the vista balcony will be considered a downgrade.

Out of the choices, with the rooms you have, I would cancel the Vista Balcony, change your daughter and SIL to the two people who were in the Vista and leave your granddaughter where she is.

From what I have seen here, you do have some options. You will loose $100 for those you take out of the Vista, but the rest of the deposit you can use to final payment in the Premium Balcony. If you paid for all the deposit on the CC's you can ask Carnival to also put the deposit minus the $50 for your daughter/SIL to the Premium Balcony final payment.

Ask the person you speak to if you can just do the name change for the Premium Balcony for $50 instead of having to do whole new deposits/booking. If not you might have to cancel both rooms and rebook, which will cost a lot more when you do it for 3 whole new deposits. It seems like name changes for Early Saver can be hit or miss depending on who you talk to.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!