Need your opinions please

We are considering going on a cruise in Jan or Feb of 2006.This would be my DH and I 5th cruise( 2nd with rccl). Only difference is that we are considering taking our kids with( 15 and 9,both boys)Could you recommend a ship or itinerary we could look at for our vacation?

Thanks in advance

Mb girl

We sailed Navigator western in January and found a suitable number of other teens aboard to make our sons happy. Western also has some perfect family outings like sting ray city in Grand Cayman and Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios.

I have not sailed east (had to cancel the trip :() but felt it was a lot of beach time and not much else ... Just my Opinion.

I agree about Western Caribbean vs. Eastern Caribbean.

If one port is Cozumel, then take the family to Xcaret. It's an ecological park with so much to do. There is no time to be bored. www.xcaret.com

Dunns River Falls in Jamaica is lots of fun.

Grand Cayman is beautiful. Definitely take a stingray trip. If time, take a trip to Hell. There's a part of the island where lava formations make the area look like Hell. There is a post office, where many people get postcards postmarked.

We are going on our first Voyager class ship in February, so I can't comment on that part.

Good luck.

We sailed Navigator western in January and found a suitable number of other teens aboard to make our sons happy. Western also has some perfect family outings like sting ray city in Grand Cayman and Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios.

I have not sailed east (had to cancel the trip :() but felt it was a lot of beach time and not much else ... Just my Opinion.

Agreed Western Carib is the most kid friendly. Grand Cayman has a turtle farm which would be nice. Voyager class are the biggest out there that are family oriented. Plus they are supposed to have great kid programs. And if your cruise goes to RCCL's Labadee private beach they also have a water park for a small fee.

Not sure which port you are interested in leaving out of, but my family loves the Rhapsody.

I have a 16 and 14 yo, they love the teen program on board.

We have been to Key West, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Key West we went to Mallory Square, shopped, and Jimmy Buffett's. There is not much time allowed at this port, but enough that you can look around.

Costa Maya was a beautiful port. We did a little site seeing at the port, purchased a few things...watched the native dancers, then hopped a bus for Majahual. Majahual is a little fishing villiage that has turned to cruise line customers for their income. This place is virgin beach, with little bars that serve food and a few small shops. It is by far our favorite stop, due to the fact that it looks like it is right out if a Corona commerial.

Cozumel: We have been to Chakanaab Park and done the Dolphin swim.... fabulous. Afterward we visited with the marin biologist and discussed the dolphins, the program that they run there and the new additions that they have had... 2 baby dolphins....they are expecting more births... we could see why... we went during mating season. The males were more interested in the females than the people...lol

We have also been to Excaret, another beautiful park, ran by the state. There were ruins and animals,snorkeling, butterfly garden, and an underground river that you can float on... to name a few things.

This October we are planning to do stingray city in Grand Cayan, and Parasailing. Key west we will do the southermost point, Hemmingway house, shopping and diner somewhere.

Hope this helps!

Archived