Allure of the Seas Shows and My Time Dinning Question

I just book a November cruise on Allure of the Seas. Two questions.

My travel agent via email said that I may have to go on the RCCL web site and book the shows on the ship in advance????? I never heard of such a thing.

Also she couldn't get me into late seating (8:30) but put me into My Time Dinning. We have 8 people in our group..will it be difficult to get a time to sit together in the (Free) main dinning room?

Thanks

Mike

There are so many guests on Allure, that the theater cannot hold enough people such that the traditional two performances per evening will be sufficient to accomodate all the guests who want to see a show.

Therefore, main theater shows have 3 or 4 performances. The comedy show venue is much smaller and has many more performances.

Royal allows shows to be booked online to give everyone the opportunity to see a show.

If you don't have a show reservations, then you can stand in a "standby line" which is allowed to enter the show venue about 10 minutes before the start of the performance.

My travel agent via email said that I may have to go on the RCCL web site and book the shows on the ship in advance????? I never heard of such a thing.

Also she couldn't get me into late seating (8:30) but put me into My Time Dinning. We have 8 people in our group..will it be difficult to get a time to sit together in the (Free) main dinning room?

Thanks

Mike

We are cruising on the Allure next month on the TA and the bookings for the Entertainment have only opened fairly recently, so I would imagine that you won't be able to do it until much later in the year. Our dining reservations have not opened yet.

Chris

There are so many guests on Allure, that the theater cannot hold enough people such that the traditional two performances per evening will be sufficient to accomodate all the guests who want to see a show.

Therefore, main theater shows have 3 or 4 performances. The comedy show venue is much smaller and has many more performances.

Royal allows shows to be booked online to give everyone the opportunity to see a show.

If you don't have a show reservations, then you can stand in a "standby line" which is allowed to enter the show venue about 10 minutes before the start of the performance.

So we have to book for the comedy shows also?

Is there an ice show we have to reserve to??

Thank you

Mike

So we have to book for the comedy shows also?

Is there an ice show we have to reserve to??

Thank you

Mike

Yes to both questions.

It's especially important to book the comedy show, because that can be difficult to get into on a standby basis. You only need to book one comedy show, they are all the same two comedians doing the same material.

Edited by clarea

You should book all shows, in the main theatre, aqua theatre, ice shows, and comedy show. You usually do this around your diner times, if not you will have to stand in a standby line, hoping you get in and with 8 people you will have to split up. With a resi and arriving about 20 minutes before the show start you should be able to get seating together for 8

You will be able to book the shows in your cruise planner on rci's web site when they open

Sounds like your Ta gave you good info and could help you along in this

Edited by setsail

See the attached PDF for choice of shows that we were allowed to book prior to the cruise last December. The Broadway show will be changed out from Chicago to Mama Mia by time you cruise. No guarantee this will be your exact schedule as they might change up few things post dry dock but just to provide you an overall idea on what type of shows are provided and the frequency.

And no, they don’t have one for the 2015 shows as it was already mentioned in other posts.

Allure has 2 ice shows, one of which you book ahead of time. The other one you just show up while on the cruise.

As Bob said, they didn’t build the entertainment venue large enough to accommodate all the 6,000+ passengers so you have to reserve ahead of time. The comedy club can hold 120 people and they have 16 shows. Quick math will tell you that less than 2,000 people out of the 6,000+ passengers will be able to see the show so that’s why the comedy club is such popular venue.

They do have one “family friendly” comedy show on the last night in the main theater where you can just go without reservations. Important if you have folks under 18 in your party as the comedy club reservation is only for people 18 and over.

Allure of the seas showtime.pdf

Thanks

Mike

yes, you can book up to 9 people for my time dining. you would just need to get the reservation numbers of the other people in your party and add them to your reservation. very easy to do (at least when the cruise planner software isnt acting up)....