Breeze 6 Day February - Short review -

Chill_1

So my DW and I just got back from a 6 day East Caribbean and after reading all of the reviews of people that had a horrible experience, I felt the need to give our short review - more like bullet points I guess. The Bad and the Good

* The BAD *

The food in the MDR was not quite as good as it is on Princess.

That's it, no more bad...

* The Good *

Cruise Director - Matt Mitcham

Awesome, lots of fun, always in a good mood and making sure everyone else was having a blast. Approachable in the halls. It seemed like whenever there was ANY event going on, he would pop up to either host or just hang out and have fun.

On Board entertainment -

-Comedians Lester Bibbs and Chaz Elstner - Two comedians with wildly different styles but both kept me laughing throughout the whole show.

-Hasbro - We had fun just being in the audience shouting out random audience participation stuff.

-There was a Motown show (Forgot the name) Good songs, well choreographed - good fun

-Plethora of Lido Deck activities including the hairy chest, Miss Breeze, dances, Mexican party, DJ's, etc...

-Dive in Movies - 2 Movies every night - So many better things to do, we never saw any movies, but good to know they were there if we were looking to relax.

-Thrill Theater - Okay, we never tried that either but the unlimited package seemed very reasonable.

-Water slides - I thought for sure it would be only children and that a fairly inebriated couple in their late thirties would look out of place waiting on line, but plenty of adults laughing the whole way down. Seriously, the twister will get you dizzy.

-Live Music -

- There were two bands playing almost all of the time - "The mambo kings" (I never saw them, sorry) and "DeJavu" (good music, a lot of 90s songs, really just songs you would know)

-There was also like music by Matt and Amy (We saw Matt at the Red Frog and Breeze Atrium, we never saw amy, but by the fun times schedule, she was performing often. Just never came across her)

-The Warehouse - DW and I played a couple games of Air hockey, it was fun.

-Sky Course - I was probably overly cautious because I did not want to be the only person to fall and be dangling by my safety harness, but the wife tore through it twice.

-Mini Golf - I let the wife win ;)

-Foosball - She let me win ;)

Food

Blush and Saphire MDRs were decorated very well. The wait staff was excellent. The food was very tasty although I feel the portions could have been a little larger. (Although if I am ever hungry on a cruise, I did it wrong - food everywhere and all the time).

Guy's Burger Joint - Good cheeseburgers and fries 20 feet from a pool - What more could you want?

The Blueguana Cantina - I tried their tacos (Be careful, the orange hot sauce is no joke!) and the breakfast burritos. The breakfast burrito was perfect, especially on those early days where you want to eat a full meal with one hand while getting ready to debark at a port.

Cucina Del Capitana - We tried the free pasta lunch. You create your own dish and it was excellent. I had a Penne with red clam sauce with shrimp, sausage and spinach. The wife and I were however both jealous of the woman at our table that got the lasagna...it looked so good!

The Buffet was good. They had everything you would expect and more (We never got to try the Mongolian wok but it looked great)

Pizza Pirate - 24 hour pizza - Find a problem with that, I dare you!

Tandoor - I always wanted to try Indian food and I was not disappointed. Curry fish, chicken kabobs, Lentils and chickpeas. Very nice flavor.

-Night Time stuff-

Red Frog Pub - Nice live music with Matt and Amy, good appetizers. Nice place to meet up with people before a show, club or dinner.

Piano bar with Ben - Fun place, that guy knows (and will play) just about anything.

Club ( I think it is called Liquid ) - Good DJ, Kept people up and moving all night. There is also a teenagers club that we obviously did not attend.

The Ports-

-Nassau - We walked to Junkanoo beach, then the fish fry and had some incredible conch fritters at Frankie goes Bananas. Then we walked to John Watlings rum distillery for a quick tour and back to the ship.

-Grand Turk- Beautiful wedding on a private beach so I can't really comment on anything else there.

-Ocho Rios - For $10 per person (!) We had a guy named Ralph drive us to Dunns River falls, then to shopping and lunch at Mama Marley's for some jerk, then more shopping, then back to the ship.

*I feel the need to point out that all of the warnings about never smoking in Jamaica because they are all out to get you arrested by the "corrupt police" did not apply to us. I jokingly brought up in passing in a shop that I was interested in a little smoke break and he said "No problem". For $10 he sold us a "strip" which is a pre-rolled. This thing was EXCELLENT quality not dirt and lasted so long we had to leave the last bit because we were going to miss our ride back. So for all of the people that know their best friends neighbor's roommate's cousin got hassled by the police for smoking, my first hand account was for sure "No problem" :D

-So my "short" review took my entire lunch so I have to cut it short. If I forgot anything or if I can answer any questions, let me know. I will try to post more if I remember more things that I forgot.

This thing was EXCELLENT quality not dirt and lasted so long we had to leave the last bit because we were going to miss our ride back. So for all of the people that know their best friends neighbor's roommate's cousin got hassled by the police for smoking, my first hand account was for sure "No problem" :D

I probably shouldn't have been reading this on my lunch break. That last sentence had me Dying Laughing and literally Laughing Out Loud and Cracking Up. I thougt I was about to choke on my Sprite. No scolding over here from me, Do You!! ;)

Haha, I almost left out that last part but I knew I couldn't be the only one with these concerns. I really did not know what to expect. I read so many reviews of people saying that locals hound you to buy right outside of the port and that you should NEVER trust them, the locals are out to get you! We spent half the day there and nobody asked us if we wanted to buy, I had to approach a shopkeeper. If you went to Italy, you would eat the fish and pasta, if you went to France, you would drink the wine and eat the breads, if you went to Maine, you would try the lobster, if you went to New York, you would catch a Broadway show. How can you pass up a local favorite that is almost synonymous with that location name. They do irie right :cool:

Ocho Rios was BY FAR my favorite port, even without the "strip" So much to do!

Ocho Rios is one of my favorite ports too. I think the water is absolutely gorgeous, and their are so many things to do, see and discover. I have no idea why people tell other folks on here (Cruise Critic), to stay on the ship and don't waste there time getting off. Really??? I can't wait to get back there at the end of September. I can taste the Jerk Pork and Chicken right about now. So Yummy.

you said this: -Ocho Rios - For $10 per person (!) We had a guy named Ralph drive us to Dunns River falls, then to shopping and lunch at Mama Marley's for some jerk, then more shopping, then back to the ship.

*I feel the need to point out that all of the warnings about never smoking in Jamaica because they are all out to get you arrested by the "corrupt police" did not apply to us. I jokingly brought up in passing in a shop that I was interested in a little smoke break and he said "No problem". For $10 he sold us a "strip" which is a pre-rolled. This thing was EXCELLENT quality not dirt and lasted so long we had to leave the last bit because we were going to miss our ride back. So for all of the people that know their best friends neighbor's roommate's cousin got hassled by the police for smoking, my first hand account was for sure "No problem"

I say this: "this was the best birthday laugh for me today!!!!" glad you had a great time.... Tahiti

I thank you for the great review. I have been looking for months to find out what band is on Board . This is very important to me and my husband. I finally found out on my own. Thank you for your input . The Mambo kings are excellent had them on other cruises . Thanks Jen

So my DW and I just got back from a 6 day East Caribbean and after reading all of the reviews of people that had a horrible experience, I felt the need to give our short review - more like bullet points I guess. The Bad and the Good

* The BAD *

* The Good *

Awesome, lots of fun, always in a good mood and making sure everyone else was having a blast. Approachable in the halls. It seemed like whenever there was ANY event going on, he would pop up to either host or just hang out and have fun.

On Board entertainment -

-Comedians Lester Bibbs and Chaz Elstner - Two comedians with wildly different styles but both kept me laughing throughout the whole show.

-Hasbro - We had fun just being in the audience shouting out random audience participation stuff.

-There was a Motown show (Forgot the name) Good songs, well choreographed - good fun

-Plethora of Lido Deck activities including the hairy chest, Miss Breeze, dances, Mexican party, DJ's, etc...

-Dive in Movies - 2 Movies every night - So many better things to do, we never saw any movies, but good to know they were there if we were looking to relax.

-Thrill Theater - Okay, we never tried that either but the unlimited package seemed very reasonable.

-Water slides - I thought for sure it would be only children and that a fairly inebriated couple in their late thirties would look out of place waiting on line, but plenty of adults laughing the whole way down. Seriously, the twister will get you dizzy.

-Live Music -

- There were two bands playing almost all of the time - "The mambo kings" (I never saw them, sorry) and "DeJavu" (good music, a lot of 90s songs, really just songs you would know)

-There was also like music by Matt and Amy (We saw Matt at the Red Frog and Breeze Atrium, we never saw amy, but by the fun times schedule, she was performing often. Just never came across her)

-Sky Course - I was probably overly cautious because I did not want to be the only person to fall and be dangling by my safety harness, but the wife tore through it twice.

Food

Blush and Saphire MDRs were decorated very well. The wait staff was excellent. The food was very tasty although I feel the portions could have been a little larger. (Although if I am ever hungry on a cruise, I did it wrong - food everywhere and all the time).

Guy's Burger Joint - Good cheeseburgers and fries 20 feet from a pool - What more could you want?

The Blueguana Cantina - I tried their tacos (Be careful, the orange hot sauce is no joke!) and the breakfast burritos. The breakfast burrito was perfect, especially on those early days where you want to eat a full meal with one hand while getting ready to debark at a port.

Cucina Del Capitana - We tried the free pasta lunch. You create your own dish and it was excellent. I had a Penne with red clam sauce with shrimp, sausage and spinach. The wife and I were however both jealous of the woman at our table that got the lasagna...it looked so good!

The Buffet was good. They had everything you would expect and more (We never got to try the Mongolian wok but it looked great)

Tandoor - I always wanted to try Indian food and I was not disappointed. Curry fish, chicken kabobs, Lentils and chickpeas. Very nice flavor.

-Night Time stuff-

Red Frog Pub - Nice live music with Matt and Amy, good appetizers. Nice place to meet up with people before a show, club or dinner.

Piano bar with Ben - Fun place, that guy knows (and will play) just about anything.

Club ( I think it is called Liquid ) - Good DJ, Kept people up and moving all night. There is also a teenagers club that we obviously did not attend.

The Ports-

-Nassau - We walked to Junkanoo beach, then the fish fry and had some incredible conch fritters at Frankie goes Bananas. Then we walked to John Watlings rum distillery for a quick tour and back to the ship.

-Grand Turk- Beautiful wedding on a private beach so I can't really comment on anything else there.

-Ocho Rios - For $10 per person (!) We had a guy named Ralph drive us to Dunns River falls, then to shopping and lunch at Mama Marley's for some jerk, then more shopping, then back to the ship.

*I feel the need to point out that all of the warnings about never smoking in Jamaica because they are all out to get you arrested by the "corrupt police" did not apply to us. I jokingly brought up in passing in a shop that I was interested in a little smoke break and he said "No problem". For $10 he sold us a "strip" which is a pre-rolled. This thing was EXCELLENT quality not dirt and lasted so long we had to leave the last bit because we were going to miss our ride back. So for all of the people that know their best friends neighbor's roommate's cousin got hassled by the police for smoking, my first hand account was for sure "No problem" :D

-So my "short" review took my entire lunch so I have to cut it short. If I forgot anything or if I can answer any questions, let me know. I will try to post more if I remember more things that I forgot.

* The BAD *

* The Good *

On Board entertainment -

-Live Music -

Food

-Night Time stuff-

The Ports-

We loved the Breeze, going on her for the 3rd time. Jamaica just changed their laws regarding pot.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jamaica-parliament-decriminalizes-possession-of-small-amounts-of-marijuana-1.2970735

We are going there next month to an AI, but I will stick to my booze!!

Great Review and Thanks so much for giving us your time for your lunch break. I also was laughing out loud at the end of your review!!!

Thanks again for being

~Honest~ lol

Dawn