NCL Jade Haven Penthouse 14014 (H5) Q's

san92103

Hey everyone,

This september I will be onboard the NCL Jade Haven Penthouse courtyard ("H5") room 14014 out of Venice to Eastern Med. and I am very excited about the cruise! First time cruiser, too! But, I have several questions I have not yet been able to find solid answers to and am hoping your expertise can guide me in the right direction.

First, I appreciate everyone's help in making my honeymoon a true success!!

1) In the Haven suite I booked for us, I’ve seen many floor plans contradicting the actual layout of the room. Can anyone confirm the layout of our room. Mainly the bathroom/shower that looks outside? That is key for obvious reasons!

2) Being a Haven guest, and lucky enough to snag the Unlimited drinks, dining and $300 on board credit deals, is there anything we would have to "pay" for out of pocket besides the drinks over $10, shore trips and spa items? Or, can the $300 cover that?

3) Are there any items being in an H5 suite vs say an "H1" 3 BDRM suite that we are not allowed? The selling point for me for Haven was the exclusive pool/hot tub and gym. The Gagney's restaurant for Breakfast/ Lunch, the second floor outdoor deck lounge, private check in, and priority embarkation and debarkation. Am I mistaken by whats allowed for an "H5" vs. "H1" guest?

4) I understand that the Haven guests get transportation to/from the ship on embarkation/debarkation day in home port Venice. How can we set that up? We have the hotel address in Venice. And NCL is not acknowledging this even though I have seen it on their website.

Thank you all SO much for your assistance!!! I am very grateful for your time and help!

Got a ton of pictures, don't want to crash CC's servers. Google it, the same as the H5 on Jewel, Gem and Pearl. There's plenty of pics and videos out there. Only slight differences between Havens. Yes it is a lower class suite than the H1, but still top of the line. 100% first class.

Welcome to CC.

We sailed in 14014 on the Pearl twice and now we're booked on the Gem, yup same room. No suggestions as the room is perfect, in a perfect location and would be perfect for a Honeymoon...you made the right decision. The whole room was impressing, bedroom, bathroom, living room, bar and the Haven area right out your front door.

Edited by Leavethekidswithmom

You have made my day! Thank you so much! How did you find the crowds in the haven lounge/pool?

Did u find yourself eating at all in the regular dining options? What's a fair tip for any concierge service?

We never had a problem with crowds, some days were busier than others but you can pick and choose, just walk out your front door and see if anyone is in the hot tub, every-time we went in it was only us and we used it a lot.

We didn't do the dining room, only buffet and specialty restaurants. We also had a couple of meals delivered by

our butler. Also Cagney's for suite only guests, breakfast and lunch.

As for tipping, it's subjective and you should not ask your butler for much, he will know what you want before you do. When we had the H5 we tipped our butler $15 a day and added $10 per dinner and $5 per other meal. The concierge was $5-$10 a day depending on usage and our steward $50 for 7days, we always had the best stewards up there. We doubled the tips in the H2.

Hi

Just off the jade 21 nights med cruise stayed in 14514 exact cabin opposite side ,they are great cabins as you have no neighbours next to where you sleep and the entrance is around a little corner so its very quiet wonderful,just loved the jade :D often had breakfast and afternoon tea in the courtyard my hubby loved the mms chocolate coated peanuts from the courtyard . Have already booked another 21 nights but this time on the epic,jade is leaving the med :(

Sailed in 14014 on the Pearl twice. Great location, fantastic romantic and super special! We had our butler serve dinner for us one evening in the Haven area (celebrated our wedding anniversary) and then ended the evening with a dip in the hot tub! We ate all meals in the specialty restaurants (our preference for many years now). Book a romantic dinner in LeBistro! You will just love this suite....

wow! Just so excited now!! I am glad I did upgrade us from the regular stateroom (10583 or something)!

And no kidding, 15414, directly opposite! Woohoo! Do you have any stateroom/ haven area pictures you mind sharing?

Any suggestions for a first time cruiser and Haven guest to truly enjoy the experience??

Some shore excursions I have seen show that they depart at 0730, with a scheduled arrival at a port @ 0800. And depart very soon to the end of tour time. For the shore excursions, how risky is that for departure of the ship? I know they'll leave without us.

Thank you all again! I very much appreciate your help!!

• 2 months later...
Hey everyone,

This september I will be onboard the NCL Jade Haven Penthouse courtyard ("H5") room 14014 out of Venice to Eastern Med. and I am very excited about the cruise! First time cruiser, too! But, I have several questions I have not yet been able to find solid answers to and am hoping your expertise can guide me in the right direction.

First, I appreciate everyone's help in making my honeymoon a true success!!

1) In the Haven suite I booked for us, I’ve seen many floor plans contradicting the actual layout of the room. Can anyone confirm the layout of our room. Mainly the bathroom/shower that looks outside? That is key for obvious reasons!

2) Being a Haven guest, and lucky enough to snag the Unlimited drinks, dining and $300 on board credit deals, is there anything we would have to "pay" for out of pocket besides the drinks over $10, shore trips and spa items? Or, can the $300 cover that?

3) Are there any items being in an H5 suite vs say an "H1" 3 BDRM suite that we are not allowed? The selling point for me for Haven was the exclusive pool/hot tub and gym. The Gagney's restaurant for Breakfast/ Lunch, the second floor outdoor deck lounge, private check in, and priority embarkation and debarkation. Am I mistaken by whats allowed for an "H5" vs. "H1" guest?

4) I understand that the Haven guests get transportation to/from the ship on embarkation/debarkation day in home port Venice. How can we set that up? We have the hotel address in Venice. And NCL is not acknowledging this even though I have seen it on their website.

Thank you all SO much for your assistance!!! I am very grateful for your time and help!

Question 4 only guests staying in the garden villa (h1) have Limo service to the airport. You will have to make your own way to the hotel. The haven is wonderful. You will have a wonderful time. Relax. YouTube has good videos for your cabin.

• 1 month later...
Question 4 only guests staying in the garden villa (h1) have Limo service to the airport. You will have to make your own way to the hotel. The haven is wonderful. You will have a wonderful time. Relax. YouTube has good videos for your cabin.

I will be on the Norwegian Jade sailing on July 11-25th. We will be staying in the Haven, on my return I will post pictures.

I will be on the Norwegian Jade sailing on July 11-25th. We will be staying in the Haven, on my return I will post pictures.

What are the names of everyone in your group. I have 4 names so far, Ronda, Tyler, Gloria & John. Who is the 5th person?

Hi, my son in law and his wife will be on the cruise also, however, we will be meeting this week (Tuesday) to go over everything. Their names are Eric, Kiyomi, Jonathan (17) and Amara (14). Thanks looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi, my son in law and his wife will be on the cruise also, however, we will be meeting this week (Tuesday) to go over everything. Their names are Eric, Kiyomi, Jonathan (17) and Amara (14). Thanks looking forward to meeting everyone.

Should I put them all down for the Meet & Mingle? What is your name?

Brian

As far as additional charges are concerned, strange as it sounds the coffee in the restaurants and around the ship are extra, but you will have a fabulous coffee machine in the suite that will give you cappo, expresso and regular coffee. It is worth getting you butler to give you lessons on how to use it (make sure you use full milk for thr capppo - semi-skimmed does not froth up for a proper cappo!) The other bizarre charge is for bottles of water - even if you have the drinks package.

Although you can use Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, you can get also the Haven butler to get any item from their breakfast/lunch menu and serve it in the Haven for you.

14014 and the penthouse on the other side (14514), along with 14012 and 14512 do not have the downwards view partly obscured by the roof cover over deck 13 so you can see down to the water easily from you balcony.

One of the things for regular Haven users on Jade, we noticed last week on her that they have just replaced the gangway carpets in there and down the stairs with some really beautiful pale cream carpets with a classy pattern on them.

Last week was really busy on the ship with around over 700 children on it taking the total to almost 3000 but it didn't really feel that busy apart from the area round the main pools on sea days - but then you have the pool and hot tub in the Haven.:)

We had a couple of amazing shows on our Greek Islands trip. Elements, on the penultimate night is definitely one not to miss and 4ever is a four-man singing group with fabulous voices - they do a great rendition of the Queen classic Bohemian Rhapsody.

Finally, the Jade is in great overall condition and is looking really good. Also I am not sure but the Hawaiian influence seems to have been reduced, especially on the outside spaces round deck 7 where there is lots of Venetian and marine art. The staircase art is still very Hawaiian and the flower ceiling in the atrium is a bit gaudy for some but the whole ship is looking really good. Blue Lagoon/Moderno/Star Bar have not yet been changed.

Good Morning, regarding meet and mingle, my name is Ronda Young. My husband name is John, please include Eric, Kyomi, Jonathan and Amara for the meet and mingle. Thanks

I also have Tyler & Gloria listed under your name for the Meet & Mingle?