UBP and an 18 Year Old?

ASASJ5

I am traveling with my (responsible) 18 year old DD this summer before she leaves me for college :(. The promo says the first 2 in the cabin receive the UBP, so if I sign the alcohol waiver form, would she qualify for the package including the alcohol?

Thanks all.

I am traveling with my (responsible) 18 year old DD this summer before she leaves me for college :(. The promo says the first 2 in the cabin receive the UBP, so if I sign the alcohol waiver form, would she qualify for the package including the alcohol?

Thanks all.

Unfortunately not. With the waiver she would only be able to order/drink beer and wine....the Ultimate beverage package is for liquor as well so they can't sell or give it to her as part of the promotion. Under age 21 get the soda package.

Edited by Got Tequila?

Where are you cruising to? The drinking age on European itineraries is 18. However, the UBP is still for passengers 21 and over, even there. But, you might try to ask them to downgrade the promotional UBP, which your daughter cannot have, to the Corks & Caps package, which is available to 18 year olds in Europe. I have no idea if they will agree to this.

If you are not cruising to Europe, then disregard everything I just said and I hope your daughter enjoys her soda package! Plenty of opportunities for her to catch up on her underage drinking once college starts :cool:

Thanks all.

Nope.

With your consent signed onboard she will be able to purchase wine and/or beer. She will then receive a new key card with PC on it.

Go to Guest Services once in international waters to do this.

Have a great cruise!

I asked my PC if my son who will be two months shy of 21 when we cruise if he could get the corks and caps in lieu of the UBP. She looked into it and was told that the promotion is only for the UBP and they need to be 21. We will sign the waiver and he will have to purchase his beer, they are not allowed to purchase beer buckets either. He doesn't drink soda at all so that will go to waste.