Montego Bay, Jamaica

pkg

Our cruise was just cancelled and we had to rebook onto the Conquest, coming into Jamaica and Grand Cayman. What is there to do in both of these locations? We are leaving in less than a month and need to know what excursions are the best to do.:)

In MO Bay you are correct it is too far from the docks.

Rose Hall is a lovely old plantaition you can tour. Look into that.

Caymans? Hands down stingrays, use a private tour rather than the ship's tour if you can. Much more interaction.

I don't like heights...would the canopy tour be a problem for me?

I don't like heights either, but I have 2 teenage boys (and hubby) who really wanted to go on this tour, so I had to face my fears. Anyway, it really wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. The first traverse isn't that high and is short.....once you go on that one you are ready for the rest of them. By the last traverse, which is really long and high, you'll be looking around (and down) at the beautiful scenery and wishing it wouldn't end. They also take great pictures, which you can preview and pick from, and purchase the ones you want on a DVD, which you can print out when you get home. Great memories!

I don't like heights either, but I have 2 teenage boys (and hubby) who really wanted to go on this tour, so I had to face my fears. Anyway, it really wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. The first traverse isn't that high and is short.....once you go on that one you are ready for the rest of them. By the last traverse, which is really long and high, you'll be looking around (and down) at the beautiful scenery and wishing it wouldn't end. They also take great pictures, which you can preview and pick from, and purchase the ones you want on a DVD, which you can print out when you get home. Great memories!

I agree. I also HATE heights but my son wanted to do it and I couldn't let him down or have him show me up! We loved it and could have done it over and over it they would have let us.

Rosieo & Cali-croozer, which ship did you sail on? I am trying to get correct info. I have read on these boards that Royal Caribbean puts an "18 or older" restriction on the canopy tours, even though the tour operator itself does not have this restriction. Yet I've also seen many people mention that "their kids loved it". So does Carnival allow kids/teens but RCCL does not? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! My son (who will be 14 and is taller than me!) and I will be in Montego Bay on Freedom in October of next year. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how long of a tour this is and a price for the tour. I know it may vary a little from ship to ship. How long were you actually doing the tour not counting the time on the bus? Do you feel that it was worth your money?

Thanks,

Mike

My DH & I are just off the RCCL/NOS (Western). Our port of call was Ocho & below is the attachment for my review. Our excursion was The Original Canopy Tour. I believe it was well worth the money. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask here or on the attached thread.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=235428

Archived