Carnival will help NO

Ships R Great

There are already two other topics on this subject. Nor do I understand what this has to do with Celebrity, this being the Celebrity forum.

Somebody having a bad day? If you don't like the post hit the back button and move on instead of belittling someone.

Carnival will be paid 249 million dollars for the charter of these 3 ships.

Doing the math, I come up with 7000 berths(at full occupancy). For six months, this comes out to $197.62 per berth, per day. You have to figure that they will not have any revenue from the sale of alcohol, sodas, the gift shop, art auctions or bingo. They will probably work with a smaller crew, spend little or nothing on fuel costs or port charges.

It seems to me that Carnival isn't doing anyone a favor and may in fact come out ahead on the deal.:rolleyes:

Flame away.:eek:

Reggie:D

Of course the USG will pay for this. They always do. They are paying Halliburton to clean up the damage. FEMA paid the companies that provided food for the workers at the World Trade Center site. I don't understand why you thought this would be free. The US Sealift command was tasked with finding these ships on a negotiated basis. The crews will be paid. Any other ships will be paid for as well. NY City has three barges that were used to house UK Troops in the Faulklands. I wouldn't want to stay on them they were converted to Jails but they are currently empty.

just recieved email from TA for cruises out of NY. 10 day for $43.00 per day to caribean-i know just 10 days but frequent repeats thru.nov.and dec.-as opposed to $190.00+ for carnival for six month contract-sounds like B.S.to me-i would hold out for Celebrity-most of the evacuees have refused to board Carnival!!!

Archived