St. Thomas Boss Underwater Adventure - ear problems?

ejkmomco

Looking for help from those of you who have done the Boss Underwater Adventure in St. Thomas. From years of swimmer's ear, I have lots of problems with my ears when I'm under 10-15 feet of water. Because of the bubble/air pumped in, are your ears less affected by the water pressure? I'm sure this is an insane question, but thought I'd ask anyway :D I've also read various reviews about how long the bubble portion actually lasts - anywhere from 15-30 min. Please let me know about the amount of time you spent in the bubble. Thank you!

It's been years since I did this... (1998 in Cancun, to be exact.) BUT... You do have to pressurize your ears as you descend into the water. We only went down about 15-20 feet, if I recall, but I know as the diver takes you down, he watches you to pressurize your ears, then give him the OK signal once you are ready to go further.

Again, this was a lot of years ago, but I have no reason to think it would be different.

Off topic - when we did this, Cancun had only had it 1 month, it was called BOB (Breathing Observation Bubble), and it was only the 2nd place in the world with these next to the Great Barrier Reef. We paid about $75 for 45 minutes under water. Good deal!

We did this 7-8 years ago. My son, who was about 10 at the time, got a really bad headache. We were under water for about 20 minutes. I know many people rave about this excursion but we, separate and apart from the headache, did not think it was that good, especially given the price.

Thank you all for your reply - I really appreciate you taking the time to give me valued feedback.

Think we are going to pass - sounds fun, but just don't think my ears can take it :(